Do you enjoy your job.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TVC

I enjoy my job, it's the boss I have a problem with. His constant boast is that he's a good man manager. No he isn't.

The Jogger

Legendary Member
I do enjoy my job, both as an operational manager and a manager's rep ( although I represent all grades). The travelling sometimes gets a bit much, so I might take retirement in the next wave of vs and enjoy my life while still fit enough at 55

Soltydog

Legendary Member
I dont mind my job, but wouldn't say I actually enjoy it :blush: I have worse jobs & all were lesser paid jobs. Thing I really dont like is the shifts, having to get up at 3.30am some mornings & working till 3am on occasions, but I get a decent amount of time off & a good salary so I'm happy enough

brokenflipflop

Veteran
I work for a company that tell you to jump in a puddle of mud.....then they bollock you for being dirty. Used to have a great laugh when all the lads met up (regularly) then they put trackers on our vans :cry: don't see anyone now...it's rubbish. But..have a good time meeting customers and I end over backwards to please them.:thumbsup:

I Love My Job!

The Lost Dr Seuss Poem
I love my job, I love the pay!
I love it more and more each day.
I love my boss, he is the best!
I love his boss and all the rest.

I love my office and its location,
I hate to have to go on vacation.
I love my furniture, drab and gray,
And piles of paper that grow each day!

I think my job is really swell,
There's nothing else I love so well.
I love to work among my peers,
I love their leers, and jeers, and sneers.

I love my computer and its software;
I hug it often though it won't care.
I love each program and every file.
I'd love them more if they worked a while.

I'm happy to be here. I am. I am.
I'm the happiest slave of the Firm, I am.
I love this work, I love these chores.
I love the meetings with deadly bores.

I love my job - I'll say it again -
I even love those friendly men.
Those friendly men who've come today,
In clean white coats to take me away!

I've been working in an office for the first time ever this year after 25+ years of work on ships
Office Ship
8-5 regular hours weekdays 24/7 duty, long working hours as required
Stationary workplace winter in the North Sea
A boss I'm in charge
Cycle commute to work :smile:

Overall I'll take the ship anytime. It's not 'enjoy', though it does have its moments, more 'tolerate'

Noodley

I love my job, I'm a binman and you should see what we get upto! The other day we played a blinder on this bloke at number 51...he's a right nobber and we knew he was off on holiday, so we moved his bin off the pavement and then shouted loudly that we were not gonna unload it so he would hear us. we knew he'd be annoyed and would have to get outta his bed...it was even better when we noticed he had got out of his house and had to run to the next street with his bin to get it emptied.

We just about wet ourselves.

:thumbsup:

Zoiders

I work for an Audi service agent, we had a right laugh the other day replacing the exhaust on this blokes Audi Q7 4.2 TDI S-Line.

Somehow a wad of what seemed to be council black bin bags had been shoved up the exhaust and then melted into a plug of burned black gunge, not sure what he said to the bin men but they obviously weren't impressed.

col

Legendary Member
Im Not too keen on my job, but it pays the bills. Last christmas my working week included saturday, which was christmas day. They deducted it from my wages, when I asked why their reply was they didnt have any work for me that day. We have to do a ctc now, and we are the only company that makes its drivers go in on their day off to sit in a classroom all day listening to what we already know, then paying 33 pounds for it. All other companies dont do this, they go in work time and the company pays for it. so that tends to annoy a bit.Ill have to make a serious effort about making a career change in the new year?

6 years in the Army followed by 26 and a half years in the FRS. Really enjoyed almost every minute. Have worked with some great guys and girls over the years. I guess I have been fairly lucky.

gbb

Legendary Member
I love my job, I'm a binman and you should see what we get upto! The other day we played a blinder on this bloke at number 51...he's a right nobber and we knew he was off on holiday, so we moved his bin off the pavement and then shouted loudly that we were not gonna unload it so he would hear us. we knew he'd be annoyed and would have to get outta his bed...it was even better when we noticed he had got out of his house and had to run to the next street with his bin to get it emptied.

We just about wet ourselves.

:thumbsup:
Class :laugh: (no offence to the intended recipient)

Me ? i like mine, maintenance engineer, but i'm not overly enjoying it at the moment. New company, new machines, new headaches trying to learn it all, standing there like a spare part sometimes while you pick it up off the older hands.
As an example, a machine alarmed 'blah blah'. I looked at the area the alarm was telling me was wrong...looked, couldnt see anything broken or wrong, called one of the other engineers....it required a speed up on the air side to make it work 50 milliseconds quicker. 50 milliseconds....i couldnt have figured that, no one could without the experience. It'll come with time, but i dont like it right now, not used to it.
Thats the good thing, but the trouble with maintenance, you never know what the day will bring, sometimes you'll sweat trying to figure out whats wrong, invariably under pressure from production...other times, you're your own boss, no-one bothers you, no-one knows how to do what you do.

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
I love my job.... I get to make a difference to others.
If i'm having a bad day, I know by the time I've left work I can generally guarantee that someone (who deserves it) is going to be having a worse one!
I spend the majority of my time on two wheels which is also a bonus!

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I have been a postman since 1989 and the sorting office is like a second home. I love my job (I drive the lorries now) and can't see myself leaving. I know everyone and have made some life long friends. I know all the scams to make a bit of time here and there for an extra coffee break or nip off a bit early. I work the night shift which is seen as the long serving posties shift, everything is a little easier and more relaxed. And even in this age of everything p.c the blokeyness of the workplace is still there.

Now if that isn't a siren call for an efficiency drive and manpower adjustment I dont know what is......

Top Bottom