Do you enjoy your job.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!

I won the lottery yesterday TWICE however I suspect my £6.40 will be too little for a satisfactory retirement plan ....... what do you think lisa ?

brokenflipflop

Veteran
I love my job, I'm a binman and you should see what we get upto! The other day we played a blinder on this bloke at number 51...he's a right nobber and we knew he was off on holiday, so we moved his bin off the pavement and then shouted loudly that we were not gonna unload it so he would hear us. we knew he'd be annoyed and would have to get outta his bed...it was even better when we noticed he had got out of his house and had to run to the next street with his bin to get it emptied.

We just about wet ourselves.

:thumbsup:
I suppose getting a new Audi Q7 4.2 TDI Quattro S Line would be likely to rub up eco-warriers and council workers up so I guess I'll take that on the chin. Good come back :thumbsup:

brokenflipflop

Veteran
I work for an Audi service agent, we had a right laugh the other day replacing the exhaust on this blokes Audi Q7 4.2 TDI S-Line.

Somehow a wad of what seemed to be council black bin bags had been shoved up the exhaust and then melted into a plug of burned black gunge, not sure what he said to the bin men but they obviously weren't impressed.
Yeah. Good one :thumbsup:

brokenflipflop

Veteran
Class :laugh: (no offence to the intended recipient)

Me ? i like mine, maintenance engineer, but i'm not overly enjoying it at the moment. New company, new machines, new headaches trying to learn it all, standing there like a spare part sometimes while you pick it up off the older hands.
As an example, a machine alarmed 'blah blah'. I looked at the area the alarm was telling me was wrong...looked, couldnt see anything broken or wrong, called one of the other engineers....it required a speed up on the air side to make it work 50 milliseconds quicker. 50 milliseconds....i couldnt have figured that, no one could without the experience. It'll come with time, but i dont like it right now, not used to it.
Thats the good thing, but the trouble with maintenance, you never know what the day will bring, sometimes you'll sweat trying to figure out whats wrong, invariably under pressure from production...other times, you're your own boss, no-one bothers you, no-one knows how to do what you do.
No offence taken.

jags

Guru
i can safely say if i won a few bob on the lottery just enough to do me and my good wife i would melt all my gear i have for working never again would a paint brush darken my door :dance:

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
Not really, back when i was a proper sysadmin then yeah, nowdays tho no its a grind.
give me a lovely job outdoors in the pi**ing rain managing woodland and wildlife thanks or bugger it give me a smallholding i'll dig and mend and rear and grow till my fingers are nubs and i'm a tired happy man!
hate sitting on my arse.

swampyseifer

give me a lovely job outdoors in the pi**ing rain managing woodland and wildlife thanks or bugger it give me a smallholding i'll dig and mend and rear and grow till my fingers are nubs and i'm a tired happy man!
hate sitting on my arse.

Yeah, I think thats kinda the thing I have with my work.

If its not sitting at my desk leaning over my laptop...its sitting on the train commuting

I would love to have a job where I'm out and about and staying active, not sitting in a chair all day. I swear my coffin will need to be twice as deep as most, as they wont be able to lay me down stright, I'll be all shrivelled and hunched over!

D

Deleted member 1258

No, crap shift low wages, but the people are lovely, the thing is I got made redundant almost 2 years ago and this was all the work I could get, so I'll put up with the shift, the pay, enjoy the company of my work mates and be greatfull that I got back into work so quickly and I'm not picking up a giro every couple of weeks.

Dora

I love my job - I do in house graphic design work for an electronics company. I get endless creative freedom and I get to see all my projects through from start to finish. Brilliant, every designers dream.
My commute is three, flat miles, and I have cycle storage in the building.

The fact that the working conditions are crap and it's minimum wage irk me a little, but minimum wage is still four times what you'd get on the dole! Plus, if I look back over the time I've had the job, my work has improved tenfold, so hopefully, greener grass on the horizon for 2012.

yello

I get endless creative freedom and I get to see all my projects through from start to finish.

You're very lucky Dora. An envious position to be in. I wish everyone had that sort of scope in their work. The time to do what they truly enjoy.

Sadly, too many folk are wage slaves; turning up because they have to, no desire, no enthusiasm. They may not 'hate' their jobs but they'd rather be elsewhere. With luck, you enjoy the company of the people you work with and that can make it worthwhile.

I used to love it but the current economic shambles have made things thoroughly miserable, (but that goes for most I'd suspect). I work in the motor trade and I'm fully expecting another wave of redundancies to hit us real soon. 2012 is going to be make or break for loads of businesses IMHO.

Top Bottom