Do you guys have any medical conditions that could affect your cycling?

Discussion in 'Training, Fitness and Health' started by Randombiker9, 20 Feb 2018.

1. vickster

vickster Legendary Member

Huh?

dave r and classic33 like this.
  2. I like Skol

I like Skol I'm adamant I haven't got any PPI....

classic33 likes this.
  3. vickster

Ah ok

dave r likes this.
  4. mjr

mjr Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next

Yeah, handcycles. I've been on a few group rides with a recumbent handcyclist. It's kind of odd seeing the derailleur upside down but that trike's a work of art. I can't keep up with him when he really goes but he's very kind and slows down to ride with us heavyweights ;)

Alan O likes this.
  5. gbb

gbb Legendary Member

A reminder for me of the after effects....a small ride Saturday after a lean winter (mileage wise) and Christ my side is hurting when I inhale.
    Not sure if it feels like pleuisy again or just a pulled muscle...but it's exactly where my lung adhesion is.
    Monitoring it quite closely, breathing cold air may have irritated it.

ADarkDraconis likes this.
  6. alicat

alicat Guru

Congenital laziness.

7. mjr

mjr Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next

I've struggled with the question. I've two conditions that could affect my cycling but don't normally. One is random and can be controlled by eschewing certain current fashions. The other doesn't directly affect it but the statin treatment I suffered for it for 10+ years led to extreme muscle pain, mostly while cycling.

gbb likes this.
  8. byegad

byegad Guru

At over 65, my repeat prescription list has just hit page 5. Many of my ailments are minor, transient but repeating at odd intervals.

However I do have hypertension, arthritis and asthma that are potential issues while cycling. At the moment the asthma has the possibility of 'an upgrade' to COPD. So I'm not riding at the moment.

9. Alan O

Alan O Über Member

I met a guy riding a hand-powered trike a year or so ago. Using hands for both power and steering looked like an impossible act of coordination to me, but he'd mastered it and was able to go at an impressive pace.

10. Alan O

Alan O Über Member

I have a condition that potentially could affect my cycling, but fortunately doesn't - cardiovascular disease. I had a heart attack and quadruple bypass 11 years ago, but the new plumbing works fine and I don't suffer any ill effects - and I don't have to adjust my cycling (or any other activities) because of it.

classic33 and ADarkDraconis like this.
  11. PenttitheFinn

PenttitheFinn Well-Known Member

So you are not the same Vickster who posts on the KneeGuru site !

12. vickster

Yes I am. I'm female there too! :wacko:

13. PenttitheFinn

PenttitheFinn Well-Known Member

I am so sorry, I have only just realised my mistake, but I am a man after all!

raleighnut, Andrew_P and vickster like this.
  14. Andrew_P

Andrew_P In between here and there

Well the Gender mistake and then the inter forum stalking gave me a laugh!!

I have too many at the moment I have cycled in the last 12 months less than a normal month :-( Planning to try and get the swing of it going again once it warms up a bit not sure freezing wind on my face would help much at the moment,

15. raleighnut

raleighnut Guru

Not only a man but from Finland too,

View: https://youtu.be/-kCQIk5-v1o

:rolleyes: :whistle:

Last edited: 7 Mar 2018
    PenttitheFinn likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice