Do you label your inner tubes??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gwylan

Veteran
No, but then they are sorted by size in the parts shed and kept boxed.

I'm also useless at fixing punctures so don't bother.

And call yourself a Yorkshireman?

mustang1

Legendary Member
I label them with rider names. For example,

Tube A is suitable for my bike and and kid A bike. Tube B is suitable for kids C and D. Tube C is suitable only for Wife A but tube D is good for Mistress B and C and so on.

Since everyone has different size tyres on their bikes, I just write the person's name on the inner tube box so I don't have to squint and look at the numbers if I don't have my glasses on.

(Ps here I was thinking I am unorganized but hey presto, or should that be presta, I AM organised!)

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
No need for me to label the tubes. All my bikes run 25 to 32 tyres so use one size of tube.
Except the Brompton, but the tubes for that are pretty obvious.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Perhaps the question is, why wouldn't you?

View attachment 677117

Add in a 24", 700 x 18-25c and 700 x 35c.

Nah, I just look at the tube !

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
The scenario:

I now have several 700c bikes with presta valves, and no tube will work across all the tyres I run.
(I think the range is now 25-40mm)
There is also the stem length issue ... but let's solve one problem at a time...

So, anyone solve this by labelling their spares with the size therein??

Yep!
Saturday
Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Etc....

Gwylan

Veteran
Nice! This is the sort of thing I was thinking of doing; do you find the ink stays in place? Just standard permanent marker ... Sharpie or similar?

(I see no point in carrying them around in their boxes, as they quickly dissolve in the rain!)

Masking tape. Easier to read without glasses. Reusable cable tie to keep them bundled.

Smaller slidy lock freezer bags. Can write on them, but has been shown to introduce chaos into the system.

Top Bottom