Love or loathe snow

• Loathe it

Votes: 35 45.5%
  • Love it

Votes: 28 36.4%
  • Shut up you miserable chap

Votes: 14 18.2%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 1258

Liked it as a kid, detest it as a adult. Bad weather this week has had me cancelling two rides and kept me indoors for a day.:sad:

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
I enjoy it, but get brassed off with some of the dicks on the road.
How many of the stranded motorists had left home either in bad weather, or with it forecasted with no shovel or outdoor wear other than what they were driving in? Sure conditions in some parts of the country are very bad and sometimes changes in road conditions catch the emergency services out, but neither this, nor storm Emma snuck up on everyone and some people don't help themselves.

Drago

Legendary Member
It just seemed worse then because we were much shorter.

steverob

Guru
I love walking in snow, which is why it's so frustrating to me living in the one place in the country that hardly seems to get any! Last two days we've barely even had an icing sugar dusting and while overnight last night we did get *some* snow, this was about 1cm deep at most - you can still see all the grass poking through the top. And yet just five miles down the road in any direction, it's anywhere between 5 and 15cm deep with most of the roads coming out of my town being closed due to conditions/poor driving.

When we do get snow, the only thing I don't like is the few days afterwards when the hardened stuff on the pavements turns to ice. That stuff can go do one as far as I'm concerned.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I like the look of pristine snow but it looks really horrid when it is all slushy and salty. I like seeing children enjoying it, and I loved it myself as a child, but I'd rather have nice warm conditions, blue skies, and no wind ta very much - I want to whiz about on my road bike in comfort!

It costs lives because people behave like fools, and most are unprepared.

I enjoy it, but get brassed off with some of the dicks on the road.
How many of the stranded motorists had left home either in bad weather, or with it forecasted with no shovel or outdoor wear other than what they were driving in?
I was watching the news the other night with reports of drivers stranded on a motorway in Scotland. They managed to get a roving reporter out there and he was speaking to one man who had been trapped in a huge tailback in sub-zero conditions for over 24 hours. He was absolutely fuming about how "pathetic" it was that the authorities were not giving enough information out. No word online about how long they would be stuck there, who was coming to help them, and so on ...

There had been a red 'danger to life' weather warning in place for at least 2 days before he'd set off on his journey! :wacko:

Top Bottom