Love or loathe snow

• Loathe it

Votes: 35 45.5%
  • Love it

Votes: 28 36.4%
  • Shut up you miserable chap

Votes: 14 18.2%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
b361f7e0-9833-41dc-852a-9f4d587e344f.jpg

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Love it for looking at and cycling and walking in when it's fresh soft snow. Hate it for driving in at all times and when it's been compacted, icy, rutted and made dangerous by vehicles.

tyred

Legendary Member
I know regional conditions vary wildly but what I'm trying to work out now is why did basically none of the big shops open here today due to "extreme weather conditions" when there isn't actually any snow whatsoever and even at it's worst yesterday evening it looked more like someone had dropped a bag of flour rather a heavy snowfall.

Slick

Guru
I know regional conditions vary wildly but what I'm trying to work out now is why did basically none of the big shops open here today due to "extreme weather conditions" when there isn't actually any snow whatsoever and even at it's worst yesterday evening it looked more like someone had dropped a bag of flour rather a heavy snowfall.
Maybe because they couldn't get any stock.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I wonder how long it will take some old timer to tell us how much worse it was in 1963...
I was 7 years old then and had just moved to Coventry. I have a vague recollection of snow drifts that first winter piling up to the top of a fence round the playing fields at the end of our new road. That fence was about 9 feet high.

Maenchi

StoneDog
in' 63 I was four and all I remember is a tunnel from the front door to the road...:smile: this recent snap was fun for a day, then in got tricky for a day, then it melted, moving down south has various advantages, not much snow being one of them......:cuppa:

Slick

Guru
in' 63 I was four and all I remember is a tunnel from the front door to the road...:smile: this recent snap was fun for a day, then in got tricky for a day, then it melted, moving down south has various advantages, not much snow being one of them......:cuppa:
I'm looking forward to seeing the snap. :reading:

Top Bottom