Love or loathe snow

• Loathe it

Votes: 35 45.5%
  • Love it

Votes: 28 36.4%
  • Shut up you miserable chap

Votes: 14 18.2%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
It costs lives because people behave like fools, and most are unprepared.
Sadly though, it can be the innocent bystanders who are the victims of others stupidity, incompetence, or just plain bad luck.

782942A3-D61F-4986-BF96-DB2CD05D4EB6.jpeg

0AD1D86B-5501-41F6-AAD2-9BA5C8CECF64.jpeg

DFF6ACD9-6E26-445B-8192-9C717A3E7446.jpeg

There’s no such thing as the wrong weather, just the wrong kit. Hybrid time:bicycle::hyper:.

Slick

Guru
I've never liked the snow. Killed the construction industry stone dead more than once round here and when you're working at height it's just not worth the risk. Now I'm a wage slave, and I was one of a handful that made work on Wednesday, only to realise nobody else was interested and haven't been for the remainder of the week. I can understand it a bit, as people are travelling from far and wide to get to my work place so they could have been in danger with the blocked M80 being a good case in point.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
I like the look of pristine snow but it looks really horrid when it is all slushy and salty. I like seeing children enjoying it, and I loved it myself as a child, but I'd rather have nice warm conditions, blue skies, and no wind ta very much - I want to whiz about on my road bike in comfort!

I was watching the news the other night with reports of drivers stranded on a motorway in Scotland. They managed to get a roving reporter out there and he was speaking to one man who had been trapped in a huge tailback in sub-zero conditions for over 24 hours. He was absolutely fuming about how "pathetic" it was that the authorities were not giving enough information out. No word online about how long they would be stuck there, who was coming to help them, and so on ...

There had been a red 'danger to life' weather warning in place for at least 2 days before he'd set off on his journey! :wacko:

I can't help feeling it is something to do with cars (generally) being more reliable and drivers more insulated from the outside world. I'm sure someone driving a car from the 1960s on narrow crossply tyres with poor internal heating and no heated rear window would think twice about tackling the M62 with heavy snow forecast and wearing clothing and footwear more suited to a cold day in a town centre.

Lullabelle

Banana
It loojs lovely when it is fresh on the ground. Love to wrap up warm and go for a walk because everywhere looks picture postcard lovely. This time it is just so bitterly cold that I don't want to go out.

I would like to build a snowman, haven't done that in years so it is about time I did.

gavgav

Guru
Normally love it, but had enough of it for this winter now. It’s fine when you can enjoy and play in it, but struggling to and from work in it, on countless occasions this winter, and seeing the problems it’s caused for all of the brilliant NHS workers at our place, who are trying to do their best for the patients, has pushed me to the loathe club for this year!

Roll on summer

tyred

Legendary Member
I can't help feeling it is something to do with cars (generally) being more reliable and drivers more insulated from the outside world. I'm sure someone driving a car from the 1960s on narrow crossply tyres with poor internal heating and no heated rear window would think twice about tackling the M62 with heavy snow forecast and wearing clothing and footwear more suited to a cold day in a town centre.

To be honest, the lighter weight, narrow tyres and higher ground clearance of older cars made them of more use in snow than the many of today's cars with their wide, low profile tyres.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
To be honest, the lighter weight, narrow tyres and higher ground clearance of older cars made them of more use in snow than the many of today's cars with their wide, low profile tyres.

I know but crossplys were crap and having a heater which blew about as much warm air as a fart, or at least that was the case in my Dad's cars and my early cars, made you at least think more about the weather you were going to be driving in.

Julia9054

Guru
Snow is great when you can play in it, you are on a skiing holiday or when it gives you the day off school.
Snow is rubbish when it makes you cold and wet, takes ages to get out of the house because you have to find all the things, stops you cycling and when the kids in your classes are soggy, distracted and hyperactive.
On balance, hate it.

Top Bottom