Do you prepare for a ride the night before?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

young Ed

Veteran
I would too if I went to sleep at 10pm. I prefer late nights to early mornings though.
i can go to bed at 11:30 and fall asleep at 12:00 and still awaken about 7:00

just as well as i am heading to be a sheep farmer meaning it is very late nights early morning bedtimes and very early morning awakenings more often then you want!
Cheers Ed

mattobrien

Guru
Having prepared for tomorrow's ride, I can answer the question with an affirmative.

Looking like I have a longer pass tomorrow, currently toying with a long route to the ride start and tackling some on at the end, possibly century beckons, just need to see how hard and long it rains for...

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I never ever pi$$ about with my gear indexing the night before a big ride. When you should be relaxing/sleeping in preperation you will be farting about for 4 hours trying to get it as good as it was before you started.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I will be up at sparrow-fart tomorrow as my ride starts at 08.00.
Porage is now in the fridge. In the morning I will have to make the topping for the carrot cake I made this afternoon.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Obviously I eat a rare buffalo steak with low fat bechamel sauce and high fibre hand-picked organic potatoes with dew-watered spring greens, go to bed early but abstain from my usual vigorous and athletic sex, chant a dozen tantric Tibetan prayers while relaxing in the lotus position, then wash out my nostrils with a salt solution and finish with a sauna before going to bed in my best alpaca pyjamas. This guarantees a good night's sleep as well as optimising my energy levels.

screenman

Legendary Member
I thought we were talking early starts, these times above are halfway through the morning. I take it not many of you TT.

young Ed

Veteran
I don't do club rides, and don't wear cycle specific clothing, apart from my trouser clip, so I'm ready to go anywhere any time at the drop of a hat. Unless there's an overnight stay, and that can take a little organising.:smile:
what do you wear when riding then? unless commuting i absolutely must wear lycra down below and a jersey on the top half
I thought we were talking early starts, these times above are halfway through the morning. I take it not many of you TT.
what time do TT's kick off? and what time are you up at for TT's? when i get a pretty nice/good alu road bike or even a cheap plastic bike i will TT
Cheers Ed

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I don't do club rides, and don't wear cycle specific clothing, apart from my trouser clip, so I'm ready to go anywhere any time at the drop of a hat. Unless there's an overnight stay, and that can take a little organising.:smile:
It's the bike that needs preparing, not you! :rolleyes:

Top Bottom