Do you prepare for a ride the night before?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I've just finished preparing the bike for tomorrow's audax ride.
Im doing Carmarthen Snapper tommorow, which one are you on? Going to give the bike the once over now.

OP
OP
Spoked Wheels

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
Just came home and I'll get on with it shortly. I really ought to give it a good wash but I guess I can do one more ride :blush:. I'll just :pump: the tyres and lubricate the chain for now.

BTW, how much do people take with them for a club ride? I take lots, too much I think, two spare tubes, CO2 inflator, small hand pump,tyre levers, self adhesive patches, small towel, multi tool, migraine tables, indigestion tables, mechanic gloves, small lock, 2 16g CO2 canisters, tissues, plasters, house keys, money, club card, nuts to nibble on. Looking pretty much like my wife's handbag :laugh:

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
I wouldnt mind doing one of the Tamworth rides one day for a change of scenery. Looks like a good one .

200 k is going to be a long way for me tommorow, havent done one for over 6 months.

RRSODL Im carrying most of what you have except I dont have a co2 inflator but I am carrying a spare tyre as well as parts of the snapper are quite remote countryside.

alans

black belt lounge lizard
ii
I wouldnt mind doing one of the Tamworth rides one day for a change of scenery. Looks like a good one .

200 k is going to be a long way for me tommorow, havent done one for over 6 months.

RRSODL Im carrying most of what you have except I dont have a co2 inflator but I am carrying a spare tyre as well as parts of the snapper are quite remote countryside.

The Tamworth rides are well organised by a very sociable & competent crew;the routes are interesting with excellent routesheets.
The start/finish is at a pub with good scoff & a large car park.
Instant validation upon arrival at Arrivee

On tomorrow's ride I shall have 2 spare tubes,p.r.k.,3 tyre levers,tyre boot,multi tool,Swiss army knife,zip ties &,latex gloves in one of these

http://www.topeak.com/products/bags/AeroWedgePack_small_Velcro

A Topeak Road Morphe pump & 750ml bidon on top tube & down tube respectively.

A Montane Featherlite windproof,phone & wallet in jersey pockets.

A Polaris map trap on the handlebars

I've just checked;it's 18 months since I did 200km:ohmy:

ETA & one of these
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produ...909567|rnd:16080899141944692751|dvc:c|adp:1o5

Last edited:
Top Bottom