do you REALLY hate bonj????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
Abitrary said:
If anyone's CV is longer than a sentence then I'm going to spit on it.

You are a recruitment consultant AICMFP ;)

Abitrary

longers said:
You are a recruitment consultant AICMFP ;)

Nope, but I've interviewed so many people that the best thing to do is make their CV into a paper aeroplane and chuck it at them in the interview and accuse them of littering.

yenrod

Bonjy - we act as one dearest: we have to hold forth against the dreaded clicque !

The fight is drastic AND sudden and in doing so we all act for all positions, for each other ~ man !

Though it is loose - the group that is...

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
bonj, yenrod, fab, abitrary, chuffy - and many others - all good people with very different approaches to life and long may it continue. The variety is what makes the forum. I don't get people who only seem to post here to complain about other people or discussions in which they aren't involved - I don't think they understand this forum - but there you go...

I don't hate anyone here. It's not as if it's a haven for genocidal killers or anything...

yenrod

Flying_Monkey said:
bonj, yenrod, fab, abitrary, chuffy - and many others - all good people with very different approaches to life and long may it continue. The variety is what makes the forum. I don't get people who only seem to post here to complain about other people or discussions in which they aren't involved - I don't think they understand this forum - but there you go...

I don't hate anyone here. It's not as if it's a haven for genocidal killers or anything...

Oi - if you think your getting an invite, we've got your no. and know where your live [oirish accent] :biggrin:

:rolleyes: :wacko: :smile:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Flying_Monkey said:

I agree wholeheartedly FM, Vive la difference!

What I like about here on CC reflects what I like about cycling, namely that as a pastime it's a pretty wide church, the barrier to entry is low and it caters to the young, old, rich and poor, the ill-educated to the raving academics. Go on a Ferrari owners club forum and you'll meet a far less diverse population and likely less diverse views and attitudes.
The bicycle is a great leveller.

Shine on you crazy diamonds...

OP
OP
dantheman

dantheman

Veteran
Dave5N said:
Ok, enough is enough.

Time I revealed all.

Bonj doesn't actually exist - he is a made up character. His posts are made by 3 of the 6 following people: me, Keith, Chuffy, Noodley, Longers and Mr Paul. (Three in that list were not in on the joke.) That's why those posts sometimes veer about so inconsistently. I'll leave it to you to decide who were my co-conspirators!

I thought we'd blown it when we turned him into white van man; and again when we had the debacle over shimano groupsets - one week we asked what was what - the week after we answered a similar question straight-faced. We also got it a bit wrong on the recent threads about average speeds.

All in all though it has been a good innings!

We have had a lot of fun with our online character - and who knows when he will reappear under a different pseudonym!

IS THIS TRUE??????

i started this thread as i knew it would give bonj lots of nice comments, and it seemed he was lacking in this area, i know you dont actually hate him...

HOWEVER, if this is true, i HATE the lot of you for making him up;). I mean, you make up such a nice bloke, who is fresh and doesnt give a damn what anyone else thinks, make me fall in love, and then tell me he doesnt exist???- HOW DARE YOU....

OP
OP
dantheman

dantheman

Veteran
i cant really comment on other cycling forums, have only used this one, however, what i will say, is the reason why this forum works for me, and thats because theres an easy going atmosphere, no-one is too much up their own ar*e (although any opinion can change) and can have a laugh about most things, and yet when a serious cycling question is asked, there is much knowledge given by many individuals! - so there's no point in trying other forums- or is there???

Top Bottom