Votes: 58 49.6%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Never

Votes: 43 36.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aiden_23

1995052 said:
Did you? I'm not seeing it myself. I was curious as to whether wearing a cycle helmet would look more silly when in a car than when on a bike and why
I answered it with thats a matter of opinion?!? Which it is and clearly you think that as well. If I was out on the road and I seen a cyclist with a helmet on I wouldnt double take(I see this all the time). If I seen a driver sitting in a car with a helmet on I would double take(I have never seen this........ever). Thats just me and maybe others wouldnt however, as I said I feel that at the moment helmets are worn by Cyclists regularly and I have never seen a car driver wearing one. (Lets please not go down the F1 route or anything like that, we are talking about day to day commuting).

OP
OP
B

beany_bot

Veteran
Ah, an agenda starts to peek its head out from behind the curiosity.

How is that? I've not offered or forced an option on anyone thanks very much I'm just curious. I'm politely keeping my thoughts to myself.

Aiden_23

1995418 said:
Quite, but why do you think it normal to see a helmet on a cyclist bit not a driver? Do people in cars not need them at all?
At this moment in time I have never seen a car driver wearing a helmet, but on a daily basis I see more cyclists wearing helmets than not wearing them so that seems NORMAL to me. If you see car drivers wearing helmets then it would not surprise you as much. Do you see car drivers wearing helmets? As stated before, whether or not a helmet would save me is irrelevant, it helps my Wife and Kids feel at ease when I wear one and that is the main reason I do. Do you actually have a point or are you here just to play Devils Advocate?

OP
OP
B

beany_bot

Veteran
Ok just to confirm, im not trying to start an argument or anything like that here. I'm just very curious having never spoken to the road cycling section of society. Me personally, I choose to wear one. Primarily because I used to do a lot of MTBing and would fairly frequently hit my head and they saved me a good few conclusions and bloody messes. As for road biking, i dont know how usefull they would be but personally I like to have one on. I have no issues if you choose not to.

Norm

At this moment in time I have never seen a car driver wearing a helmet, but on a daily basis I see more cyclists wearing helmets than not wearing them so that seems NORMAL to me. If you see car drivers wearing helmets then it would not surprise you as much. Do you see car drivers wearing helmets? As stated before, whether or not a helmet would save me is irrelevant, it helps my Wife and Kids feel at ease when I wear one and that is the main reason I do. Do you actually have a point or are you here just to play Devils Advocate?
This suggests, to me at least, that your choice of wearing a helmet when on a bike and not when in the car is based solely on following the flock.

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
Its a piece of safety equipment. which can and will save your life.
For instance a cyclist who will die sometime soon in my local area, who is in hospital. Didn't wear a helmet and one would have saved him. Hes now in coma and they are just waiting for him to die now. Horrible but true. Horrific head injury. They had to remove part of his skull to release pressure building up around his brain.
How i know?
In a sick turn of events a driver i caught on camera... its her friend.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Its a piece of safety equipment. which can and will save your life.
For instance a cyclist who will die sometime soon in my local area, who is in hospital. Didn't wear a helmet and one would have saved him. Hes now in coma and they are just waiting for him to die now. Horrible but true. Horrific head injury. They had to remove part of his skull to release pressure building up around his brain.
How i know?
In a sick turn of events a driver i caught on camera... its her friend.

Has it now been conclusively 100% proven that helmets saves live then?

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
Has it now been conclusively 100% proven that helmets saves live then?
If you have a injury to the head. A helmet can reduce it or kill off the impact.
No its not 100% to save your life but you have a better chance. Like taking kemo if you have cancer.

Of course you can injure another part of your body.

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy

You forget that car drivers have a huge Metal cage around them!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
If you have a injury to the head. A helmet can reduce it or kill off the impact.
No its not 100% to save your life but you have a better chance. Like taking kemo if you have cancer.

Of course you can injure another part of your body.

So helmet's don't save lives then?
What about the cyclist who had a rotational injury due the wearing a helmet in an accident.

Should pedestrians wear helmets too seeing as there are more head injuries reported in hospital due to pedestrians falling over then Cyclists without helmets hitting their noggin. (Read this in another thread on here)

Confused now?
I better go away and read all the plus and minus of helmet wearing - or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom