Votes: 58 49.6%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Never

Votes: 43 36.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Haven't you just answered your own question?

Because as a % it is much more dangerous (more head injury's) cycling than walking.

Please note, I am not advocating nor condoning the use of helmets, I am just pointing out that using the pedestrian comment is pretty flawed. Cycling is "dangerous" walking is much less. Whether that means helmets are effective is not something I can answer so each to their own.

The % is utterly irrelevant, if we are trying to "save" the maximum number of people.

And your bolded sections are demonstrably false, depending on exactly what you mean by "much".

Norm

I would guess that as a percentage, cyclists suffer more head injury's than pedestrians do. So a strange argument that one.
Rather than guessing (& you guessed wrong, BTW), yu could start from understanding that accident stats show that pedestrians and cyclists suffer very similar rates of injuries.

Also to add the helmet is what my camera is on so that's another plus :biggrin:
So, cyclists who don't wear them are silly.

What are cyclists who wear them and then strap things onto them, thus negating any benefit they might offer by voluntarily attaching a pressure point and a snag point. What would those cyclists be?

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
Rather than guessing (& you guessed wrong, BTW), yu could start from understanding that accident stats show that pedestrians and cyclists suffer very similar rates of injuries.

So, cyclists who don't wear them are silly.

What are cyclists who wear them and then strap things onto them, thus negating any benefit they might offer by voluntarily attaching a pressure point and a snag point. What would those cyclists be?

its on a helmet mount provided by contour. im cant go into the ins and outs but im sure there is some safety logic for it. eg if you did come off your bike.

StuartG

slower but further
]
barneyoldfield.jpg

This lady does not have a helmet and she is on a track
And with shockingly insufficient knee protection.
Cyclists also sustain more knee than head injuries. Indeed lose more legs than heads ...

StuartG

slower but further
well in all fairness you lose your head your dead.
True, but that's more of a problem for the House of Stuart than this lady.
The bottom line is what cyclists die from? Mainly crushing injuries to the body/legs is what I am led to believe. But do feel free to lead me elsewhere.

Aiden_23

1995661 said:
OK, let's try this the other way around. Does your wife give you the look when you go out in the car not wearing a helmet. If not does she not care about you as much then?
Im just getting bored with this now! Lets put it this way have you ever seen the driver of a car with a helmet on out on the road? If not then what is your point? She would give me a look if I got in the car with a helmet on as at this moment in time its socially not accepted and out of the norm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom