Do you wear a helmet on your commute?

Do you wear a helmet on your commute?

  • Always

    Votes: 58 49.6%
  • Sometimes

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Never

    Votes: 43 36.8%

  • Total voters
    117
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Location
Suffolk.
I like that Drago.

How about one of these? Take your pick and I will use the one us you choose in future Helmet discussions
1: I don't want to look like a mushroom head
2: I don't want to look taller (strange but true)
3: I would rather spend money on titanium bolts & other bling for my bikes rather then a helmet
4: Helmet's smell funny
5: They look silly (see #1)
6: I don't MTB or TT

You missed one 7. Helmets are not cool. :whistle:
 
But id also like to say

1: I want to look like a mushroom head
2: I want to look taller
3: I would rather spend money a helmet for my bikes rather then a titanium bolts & other bling
4: Helmet's smell nice
5: They look cool (see #1)
6: I don't MTB or TT either
 

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Location
Suffolk.
@ Peter Armstrong / Cycling Dan . How many times has a helmet saved your lives ? :popcorn:
 
@ Peter Armstrong / Cycling Dan . How many times has a helmet saved your lives ? :popcorn:

3 times, once I came off on a 40mph decent and hit a rock, another time someone dropped a plant pot out of a window, and another time when my head bonced off a car that hit me, god save the helmet!

Looking cool and being safe and alive is great!
 

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Location
South Manchester
Just wear a helmet and stop making crap excuse's not too. Also where would I put my new helmet cam with no helmet?

Ah but now you've introduced something to the helmet that can cause more problems should you land on it. I suppose with a cam stuck out of your skull (dalek style) you wouldn't need a helmet :laugh:
 

Drago

Legendary Member
Location
The Urban Fringe
I like that Drago.

How about one of these? Take your pick and I will use the one us you choose in future Helmet discussions
1: I don't want to look like a mushroom head
2: I don't want to look taller (strange but true)
3: I would rather spend money on titanium bolts & other bling for my bikes rather then a helmet
4: Helmet's smell funny
5: They look silly (see #1)
6: I don't MTB or TT
I think you should go with 4. I rinse mine out every few weeks, but they smell like a sumos jockstrap after w while. If there's ever an outbreak of Ebola in the UK it'll probably be spread single handed by my bonce potties!
 

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Location
Suffolk.
3 times, once I came off on a 40mph decent and hit a rock, another time someone dropped a plant pot out of a window, and another time when my head bonced off a car that hit me, god save the helmet!

Looking cool and being safe and alive is great!

A helmet has not saved my life on more than 5 ocassions however none of those involved falling foliage.
 
Ah but now you've introduced something to the helmet that can cause more problems should you land on it. I suppose with a cam stuck out of your skull (dalek style) you wouldn't need a helmet :laugh:


Yeah but iv already cut a camera shaped hole out of my head to accommodate this eventuality, who looks stupid now!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom