Dodgy TV Licence Reminder????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ive received a couple of these emails in the last 2 weeks.
Apparently....my last monthly payment(I pay annually) didnt go through,,so they want me to click on the link to enter my details before my licence runs out end of March.(my licence expires end of September)

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Delete it and ignore

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Careful folks!

This arrived yesterday and is quite good compared to the normal attempts, made me look at it for all of 3 seconds before consigning it to the sin bin.....

View attachment 455632

Given away by amateur shoddy practices like using rogue sender email address and linking to an unrelated website (the whole email is an image embedded as a link, I included the link in my snip). Of course they didn't use my name either but before I even began to check licence numbers against my actual licence I knew it was a garbage email.
I imagine this one might catch a lot?

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Ive received a couple of these emails in the last 2 weeks.
Apparently....my last monthly payment(I pay annually) didnt go through,,so they want me to click on the link to enter my details before my licence runs out end of March.(my licence expires end of September)

Yes, delete immediately!. I've had several of these. DO NOT click that link!!. At work, we have had so many fake 'invoices to authorise by clicking links' that we've had to change our passwords to Office 365 a few times now.

Check the email address, the ones I got ended in .jp which I understand is the Japan net domain. The real TV people will try & collect the payment within 3 days. They will not refer you to a debt collection agency over one repayment.

Top Bottom