Dogs on public land

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Oh Mr Ambassador with such hyperbole, you spoil us.

Have you ever had a career as a columnist for the Daily's Mail or Express?
Hyperbole, really. Which bit of "out of control pets spoiling their enjoyment of public spaces, e.g. wrecking picnics, frightening children, and of having to deal with the disgusting ordure they too often leave behind." are you claiming is the hyperbole.

in one three hour period wandering about at a well known beauty spot in the Surrey Hills last Saturday I saw:

countless dogs off leads and out of control, i.e. not obeying commands of their owners.
3 or for dogs off leads and under control i.e. responding immediately and obediently to their owners commands
one picnic wrecked by two people's three dogs trampling all over it, upsetting plates and cups, and snatching food. The owners thought it was funny, the picnickers did not.
two children frightened by dogs, off leads and out of control, i.e. owners calling but being ignored by their mutts, approaching them.
one adult, ditto.
one other child knocked off their feet by a dog, off lead and out of control, bounding into them.
ordure deposits left uncollected
three occasions when I watched dog, off lead and ignoring owners commands, and at some distance from owner, taking a "dump" which the owner did not recover and remove.

I love dogs. Well trained, obedient dogs, who don't excrete where other people, especially children play. Which I is why, with my lifestyle,, I've never owned one.

Last edited:
Reactions: SD1

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
When a dog has "the runs", as so many seem to do at times, exactly how does the owner pickup the near liquid stools?

Let me guess...

MarkF

Guru
You clearly have no idea what you are talking about here and are letting a cowboy or your obvious prejudice speak for you.

Must be a lot of cowboys on my dog route then, I must be very unlucky or I know what I am talking about. Most days I'll see 3-5 vans (often more) on the same stretch of roads, opposite access to the woods. They open the doors and the dogs leap out and go crazy, unless they have 20/20 vision, can swivel their heads 360 and have eyes like hammerhead shark, then they have no idea where those dogs are crapping.

I find this very odd. Although people don't clean up after their dogs. I have never ever seen dog poo bags left anywhere. This sounds just like car drivers who throw their McDonalds crap out the window.

The woods are festooned with bags of dog poo, hanging from tree branches, carefully tied, maybe it's the squirrels?

SD1

Try cycling along the Leeds and Liverpool canal from the Liverpool end. The fences and hedges are festooned with bags of fermenting dog faeces.
I don't doubt your post, I just find it odd behaviour after all they have bagged it.

Last edited:

SD1

When a dog has "the runs", as so many seem to do at times, exactly how does the owner pickup the near liquid stools?

Let me guess...

To the best of your ability with 2 to 3 poo bags. Like I do, unlike bone idol thoughtless dog owner do.

SD1

20/20 vision, can swivel their heads 360 and have eyes like hammerhead shark, then they have no idea where those dogs are crapping.

The woods are festooned with bags of dog poo, hanging from tree branches, carefully tied, maybe it's the squirrels?
I don't doubt your you, I just find it odd behaviour after all they have bagged it.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
To the best of your ability with 2 to 3 poo bags. Like I do, unlike bone idol thoughtless dog owner do.
Thus leaving it smeared all over the grass no? As I often used to find on the pitches I reffed on. (As well as more solid deposits)

SD1

Thus leaving it smeared all over the grass no? As I often used to find on the pitches I reffed on. (As well as more solid deposits)
If you put a decent effort in you wouldn't see it! And my dog wouldn't be on a pitch and it's assumed by everyone on this thread that you shouldn't let your dog crap on a football pitch.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
If you put a decent effort in you wouldn't see it! And my dog wouldn't be on a pitch and it's assumed by everyone on this thread that you shouldn't let your dog crap on a football pitch.

Yes but some dog owners don't comply with assumptions.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.

So "everyone on this thread" = the righteous tiny minority whilst the majority let their mutts crap on the pubic pitches in public parks?

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
So "everyone on this thread" = the righteous tiny minority whilst the majority let their mutts crap on the pubic pitches in public parks?

Remember, you are dealing with the CC member formerly known as Brand. He was a nobber then and nothing seems to have changed with his new identity.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
What really irritates me is Humans who crap in the mountains and don't clean up after themselves.

Esp' when my (sadly departed) dog found it and consumed a (to him) tasty snack.

Humans - need to be kept under more control.

Top Bottom