Dogs on public land

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Suppose that there was a piece of common land somewhere fifty years ago. In the years since, the regulation of it has become smothering. Typically of late.......
No kite flying
No model aircraft
No barbeques
No skating
No cycling
No skateboards
No ball games
No loud music

Meanwhile, a whole forest of signage will have sprouted up from the ground bossing the citizens about. Who do these people think they are? They never owned it in the first place.

SD1

Fifty years ago none of this either existed.
No kite flying
No model aircraft
No barbeques
No skating
No cycling
No skateboards
No ball games
No loud music
So why pretend it did?

SD1

I'm with Andy on this - rules tend to constrain the people who don't take the piss. The piss-takers will ignore the rule
How would telling me to pick up my dog shite constrain me? At least you can use rules and so called jobsworths to enforce them. Even if its not perfect but then we don't live in a perfect world...honest we don't.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
How would telling me to pick up my dog shite constrain me? At least you can use rules and so called jobsworths to enforce them. Even if its not perfect but then we don't live in a perfect world...honest we don't.

The point is banning dogs because irresponsible dog owners.leave dog shoot around rather than picking it up. Responsible dog owners will get banned along with the irresponsible, however irresponsiblr owners will ignore the ban just as they ignored the requirement to pick up shoot.

perplexed

Guru
The point is banning dogs because irresponsible dog owners.leave dog shoot around rather than picking it up. Responsible dog owners will get banned along with the irresponsible, however irresponsiblr owners will ignore the ban just as they ignored the requirement to pick up shoot.

Vigorous and meaningful enforcement would hopefully make the guilty suffer the consequences of being idle tossers.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Vigorous and meaningful enforcement would hopefully make the guilty suffer the consequences of being idle tossers.

well if your going to enforce isn't it better to clamp down on bad behavior rather than the whole.group - admittedly the former is easier. But hey, it would be much easier to ban bikes than clamp down on RLJ ing

perplexed

Guru
well if your going to enforce isn't it better to clamp down on bad behavior rather than the whole.group - admittedly the former is easier. But hey, it would be much easier to ban bikes than clamp down on RLJ ing

To be fair, I didn't say I would have a blanket ban - I just pointed out that I would really like to see a meaningful and enthusiastic pursuit of the guilty.

SD1

I am afraid no matter hard you try you will never get all the shite up. Some areas should simply not have dogs in them.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
What I find weird is when people drive their dog to the public park. Why would someone get a dog if they hate walking it so much?

people drive to the gym to ride stationary bikes. And if you give them a bit of mild ribbing the reactions is similar to suggesting their mother was a lady of negotiable favours

Top Bottom