Dogs on public land

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wafer

Veteran
I didn't click it to check but they provide a link to show you where the areas classified as children's play areas are...

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
[QUOTE="SD1]Don't take the dog out unless you have a packet of bags with you.[/QUOTE] That's a great idea, why don't you tell everyone that? Maybe no-one else knows. End of problem right there.

SD1

Yes glad you know I'm right. Will you be following my advice or will you just stick with snide remarks?

Profpointy

Legendary Member
does anyone know why it's considered desirable to scoop up dog shyte into a plastic bag and then hang it from a tree branch?

I don't own a dog, and people didn't do it when I was younger

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Yes glad you know I'm right. Will you be following my advice or will you just stick with snide remarks?
I won't be following your advice, I don't have a dog! It wasn't meant to be snide, I just think councils should make it as easy as possible for people to do the right thing. granted, you can never make sure that everyone picks up after their animal, but I bet there are lots of people who genuinely forget to take bags with them, or for some reason or another can't take the bag home (if it's split or has a hole in).

It's not as if the council tell us to dispose of our home rubbish, and then say "but you have to provide your own bins". No, they give us separate bins for different rubbish, and collect it on a stated day to make it as easy as possible to do the right thing. Dog poop bags would probably cost councils 2p each, a few more bins would be more expensive but surely better than having shite everywhere?

But I hear you say "we pay taxes for home refuse, therefore we pay for our own bins and their collection". True, but with the above example the sensible people don't pay anything. The ones that have forgotten, pay for it. And the idiots that would never bag it up anyway cannot be educated that way.

SD1

As it happens I double bag them as I have to put them in my shoulder bag I am out to long for me to be carrying them ALL in my hand. She is a puppy and I am beginning to think that the volume of shite exceeds what I feed her!
As it is my dog I think it is my responsibility to supply the bags. I also think that the dog owner will have to go back to the bin or walk to the bin to get the bags and then say sod it and not bother. It maybe counter productive.

Some people do that if they are on the outward part of their walk, and collect it on the way back. Others are shoots

I'm sure some do. But most of them must be on bloody long walks - usually it's on the trees for days when I see it! xx(

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
does anyone know why it's considered desirable to scoop up dog shyte into a plastic bag and then hang it from a tree branch?
I'm a dog owner, and genuinely have no idea why people do this.
As it happens I double bag them as I have to put them in my shoulder bag I am out to long for me to be carrying them ALL in my hand.
S'why I like the tie handle ones - the handles are looped, so it's easy to carry a few, should the need arise, by putting the loops over your finger. One could even swing them jauntily.

Reactions: SD1

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Doesn't it all boil down to what people think "Public Spaces" really should be? Do they think that (1) they should be administered by a local jobsworth with power to make the citizens' lives a bit awkward or (2) can the local people work something out for themselves without the jobsworth's interference?

Have we all become so infantilised that we automatically reach for option (1). Rant over.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
So as Tin Pot rightly guessed, they are talking about specific types of areas. Lets read a headline, jump to conclusions and moan about the council even though it's something completely different eh?

If you click through to the consultation the first set of questions are
OcNyVi6.jpg

As a dog owner I'd probably support most of those.
Except number 5. Selfish B@st@rds! I'd hammer sausages into the green and then borrow a pack of terriers:hyper:

SD1

Doesn't it all boil down to what people think "Public Spaces" really should be? Do they think that (1) they should be administered by a local jobsworth with power to make the citizens' lives a bit awkward or (2) can the local people work something out for themselves without the jobsworth's interference?

Have we all become so infantilised that we automatically reach for option (1). Rant over.
Only option one works. Option 2 doesn't work because lots of people will take the p*ss. The only way option two will work is called vigilantism.
PS the only citizens whose lives are made "awkward" are those that take the p*ss.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Only option one works. Option 2 doesn't work because lots of people will take the p*ss. The only way option two will work is called vigilantism.
PS the only citizens whose lives are made "awkward" are those that take the p*ss.

I'm with Andy on this - rules tend to constrain the people who don't take the piss. The piss-takers will ignore the rule

Top Bottom