Don't always blame the motorist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Around here many blame the roads, I have never understood that though.
Nowt wrong with the roads, generally. Driver behaviour needs looking at and improving.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Personally, I wouldn't like to set forth on some parts of the A30 in Cornwall. It's a motorway in all but name and the weekenders rushing to and from their holiday stays are not the most considerate drivers.
And if you ventured forth on said parts and the worst happened, who would be responsible?

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
but not the general motoring public eh ?
You're the one blaming them not me.

Nobber drivers with nobber attitudes to more vulnerable road users are a tiny minority of the general motoring public.

Nobber Cyclists with motor-centric mindsets are, unfortunately, too large a proportion of the bike riding public.

What were the cyclists in the OP doing that was dangerous?

doog

So far most of the places I'd avoid cycling seem to be cycle paths : the new embankment springs to mind, I hate it. I'm not a huge fan of the A3 but I've found it's bearable if you keep your speed up; the A2/M2 junction near Gravesend us "interesting" but it wouldn't stop me riding it

Totally agree about cycle paths. I did Dorset to Harwich in Sept before a European tour but made a decision to follow NCN / Sustrans routes from this planner http://cycle.travel/map

Although I was prepared, ie suitable bike it was 4 days and 256 miles and most so called cycle paths were shocking..some were average but there was nothing I would have taken my road bike down.. totally piss poor compared to some of our European counterparts - but I guess we know that .

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Does riding normally on said road constitute doing something totally daft?
No. Did I say that?

screenman

Legendary Member
[QUOTE="GrumpyGregry, post: 4277441, member: 519

Nobber Cyclists with motor-centric mindsets are, unfortunately, too large a proportion of the bike riding public.

Can you lead me to the official numbers or have you just made that bit up, because it is different to my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom