Don't always blame the motorist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Copenhagen has a thriving scene. They are even used as everyday transport by the hipper sort of chick and chap.

I have 'had a go' whilst here, using a rented board. Danish tarmac is every bit as unforgiving as its British cousin.

My brother-in-law lives in Copenhagen. He used to commute from Hellerup to the city by kayak.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Im witnessing plenty of petty abuse in your pretty pink posts thanks, but oh look - here come the cavalry....ill just make myself another cuppa. Sean must be shaking his head, I guess like me he thought the mob mentality was limited to helmet debates. Little did he realise that without that particular outlet the cancer would spread across multiple threads.

What was the usual call to arms "Oh look we've got a live one here" ...tut tut..nothings changed apart from the subject headline.

petty abuse in a statement of fact????????????????????????

you have been hostile, aggressive, manipulative & used rude and offensive words to describe others on this thread from your first involvement in it. I have done nothing of the sort and have justified, in a range of colours, every observation I have made with reference to where it came from.

You come across as a classic bully throwing your weight around while simultaneously whining about bullying from others that is nothing near your obnoxiousness and you appear to have a very warped personal value system if you consider your conduct on this thread to be above reproach and anyone else's petty abuse.

The site owner is Shaun by the way and I'm sure that if he or the mods were that bothered (no doubt very close now) the thread would be locked or individuals spoken to/locked out of further participation.

Last time I checked the helmet thread was still alive and well and able to be contributed to by whoever fancies it, just combined into one place, but as ever don't let simple facts cloud your rhetoric.

doog

I have no idea what you are trying to say here but, in view of your obvious antipathy, it seems that for the future it would be better not to bother engaging with you.

Please dont bother..(I really dont know what happened but you somehow circumnavigated my ignore function..)

Last edited:

doog

petty abuse in a statement of fact????????????????????????

you have been hostile, aggressive, manipulative & used rude and offensive words to describe others on this thread from your first involvement in it. I have done nothing of the sort and have justified, in a range of colours, every observation I have made with reference to where it came from.

You come across as a classic bully throwing your weight around while simultaneously whining about bullying from others that is nothing near your obnoxiousness and you appear to have a very warped personal value system if you consider your conduct on this thread to be above reproach and anyone else's petty abuse.

The site owner is Shaun by the way and I'm sure that if he or the mods were that bothered (no doubt very close now) the thread would be locked or individuals spoken to/locked out of further participation.

Last time I checked the helmet thread was still alive and well and able to be contributed to by whoever fancies it, just combined into one place, but as ever don't let simple facts cloud your rhetoric.

lol:laugh:

doog

Sorry but as a taxpayer, I already pay for motorways to prioritise road traffic, why should I also pay for the A roads if I'm to be forbidden from using them?

The old 'I pay my taxes I'll cycle where I want line'......comedy genius. Guess what I also pay mine but use a bit of common sense in the process. I think the OP clearly saw that the cyclists in question were lacking that, just as you appear to be.

Personally I believe in mirrors and being aware of what is around you

To this day I have no idea what it was that made me turn into the side lane in this case

However whether it was mirrors, hearing, awareness or simply a sixth sense, I hate to think of the result if I hadn't

[/QUOTE]

martint235

Dog on a bike
The old 'I pay my taxes I'll cycle where I want line'......comedy genius. Guess what I also pay mine but use a bit of common sense in the process. I think the OP clearly saw that the cyclists in question were lacking that, just as you appear to be.
I'm sorry are you accusing me of lacking common sense because I choose to use the most convenient way to get to work? That puts us in a quandary because most people use the most convenient way to get to work too. If they also lack common sense then it surely stops being "common"

doog

I'm sorry are you accusing me of lacking common sense because I choose to use the most convenient way to get to work? That puts us in a quandary because most people use the most convenient way to get to work too. If they also lack common sense then it surely stops being "common"

Lets just call it lacking a bit of sense then...what's convenient to you..the fastest route or do feel obliged to cycle that road simply because you pay taxes as you said?

I cycled a certain route for years, I was the only nutter on it..when I look back at it now I realise I lacked common sense..common as in the overwhelming majority wouldn't cycle it...

martint235

Dog on a bike
Lets just call it lacking a bit of sense then...what's convenient to you..the fastest route or do feel obliged to cycle that road simply because you pay taxes as you said?

I cycled a certain route for years, I was the only nutter on it..when I look back at it now I realise I lacked common sense..common as in the overwhelming majority wouldn't cycle it...
Fastest and safest route. A roads tend to be wide, motorists tend to concentrate more. On the little side roads where you think I should be are the parents talking to little Tarquin, chatting on their mobiles, doing their makeup etc all while trying to navigate a space constricted by parked cars, school runs etc.

Perhaps if you spent longer cycling than just trying to wind people up on the internet you would have noticed these things

martint235

Dog on a bike
Im being lectured by martin now:o)
Your world must be truly horrible where a suggestion (perhaps......) is a lecture.

As a serial A road rider I'd love to know on which ones I'm counted as a nutter on. The A2, A20, the A5 is a lovely road if a tad boring, the A30 is an all round joy

doog

Your world must be truly horrible where a suggestion (perhaps......) is a lecture.

As a serial A road rider I'd love to know on which ones I'm counted as a nutter on. The A2, A20, the A5 is a lovely road if a tad boring, the A30 is an all round joy

The A30 argument ? I think its been done to death but well done...what we really need is more people like you encouraging cyclists onto it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom