Don't always blame the motorist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

doog

Why? What's wrong with it? I'm assuming you have experience of riding it

Of course, Im just wondering which part you find an absolute joy. I rarely see cyclists on the A30 and for good reason, there are parts of the old A30 which are great but its a long road as you know. Im aware someone did the length of it once - was that you ?

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
The old 'I pay my taxes I'll cycle where I want line'......comedy genius. Guess what I also pay mine but use a bit of common sense in the process. I think the OP clearly saw that the cyclists in question were lacking that, just as you appear to be.

What were the two cyclists in the OP doing that was dangerous?

martint235

Dog on a bike
Of course, Im just wondering which part you find an absolute joy. I rarely see cyclists on the A30 and for good reason, there are parts of the old A30 which are great but its a long road as you know. Im aware someone did the length of it once - was that you ?
I've ridden from London to where it splits to become the A33 and the A303. Respectively I've ridden those to Winchester and Stonehenge.

doog

I've ridden from London to where it splits to become the A33 and the A303. Respectively I've ridden those to Winchester and Stonehenge.

Im at the opposite end , south west up to Salisbury. Im not adverse to anything that has a decent shoulder (like the A303 which actually has lengths of cycle path on the shoulder ) however its the older part of the A30 I have issues with between Honiton and Salisbury. An extremely fast road, mainly single carriageway, no shoulder in most places and the limit points for drivers are ridiculous. Of course in an ideal world we should be able to ride safely on any road but when you are dealing with the general motoring public as we know there are some places best avoiding. (I expect people to disagree with this of course and stamp their feet )

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Some people are twats.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Im at the opposite end , south west up to Salisbury. Im not adverse to anything that has a decent shoulder (like the A303 which actually has lengths of cycle path on the shoulder ) however its the older part of the A30 I have issues with between Honiton and Salisbury. An extremely fast road, mainly single carriageway, no shoulder in most places and the limit points for drivers are ridiculous. Of course in an ideal world we should be able to ride safely on any road but when you are dealing with the general motoring public as we know there are some places best avoiding. (I expect people to disagree with this of course and stamp their feet )
So far most of the places I'd avoid cycling seem to be cycle paths : the new embankment springs to mind, I hate it. I'm not a huge fan of the A3 but I've found it's bearable if you keep your speed up; the A2/M2 junction near Gravesend us "interesting" but it wouldn't stop me riding it

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Personally, I wouldn't like to set forth on some parts of the A30 in Cornwall. It's a motorway in all but name and the weekenders rushing to and from their holiday stays are not the most considerate drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom