...dont' be fooled, a leopard never changes its spots

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Uppy89

I wish I read this thread before ordering a pair of shoes from them on Tuesday night now. Although the general consensus seems to be they are okay on smaller items so fingers crossed I will be okay.

Svendo

Guru
Did the OP mean that he'd specified a bottle cage and mudguards but then found he'd had to fit them himself? If that's the case I think I'd have been annoyed too.
No pedals is standard practice, although I think more retailers are including cheap flats.

classic33

Leg End Member
Did the OP mean that he'd specified a bottle cage and mudguards but then found he'd had to fit them himself? If that's the case I think I'd have been annoyed too.
No pedals is standard practice, although I think more retailers are including cheap flats.
No that was someone else 21 Aug 2013, OP hasn't said anything since February!

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
Two pages and still no clue as to what your saying. It must be a very serious problem.
tumblr_mcx2hrF5Wg1rngk46o1_500.gif

Leodis

Veteran
However, the apparent lack of after sales service really put me off purchasing anything that might potentially go expensively wrong. Hence the purchase last year of a Planet X RT-57 rather than a Ribble Stealth.

Oh and the planned new bike next year for Mrs Kes. will likely also come from Planet X, as so far dealing with them has been a much more pleasant experience.

Strange that as in the end Ribble were pretty much ok on my R872 build, the customer service wasnt amazing but I didnt expect that with such a good deal, now Planet X for that matter I wouldn't buy from them again, it just seems some of their bikes are thrown together with the cheapest, oldest of parts that they can't shift, either that or they have bought cheap from somewhere. Their customer service is rubbish, they can now answer the phones but the information and tone of them are shocking, for example I questioned the build on my order for a bike which had since they changed since I ordered mine, they assured me the parts I had ordered would be held in stock for my build, now I am finding they are out of stock and I am waiting for a build date and I need a bike ASAP. I would have bought elsewhere if I had the information that buying on cycle scheme does not reserve your bike parts and looking back paying the extra 10% is pure greed to them with their turn over and HUGE funding now with new partners.

Out of the two I prefer the full choice of builds with Ribble.

mattobrien

Guru
Writing to give good marks to Ribble.

Had a pair of shorts that were eleven months old that had the stitching coming away round the chamois. The shorts were a present from my father who had deleted the email receipt and had no proof of purchase.

Top marks to Ribble, they exchanged them for new shorts under warranty despite no receipt. They could have been awkward but were excellent. Thank you Ribble.

zophiel

Veteran
I have not had a problem buying parts or two full cycles with custom specs. They did tell me on one that there was a shortage on components and they lets me know right away and told me the due date. I didnt expect them to put 'extras' on as they were not in the listed spec I selected. I bought them at the same time, but it was not part of the bike build.

jifdave

rubbish uphill, downhill 'balast' make me fast
I had a nightmare with ribble.

Bought two chainsets and external BB. Plus a external bb tool for around a tenner. Paid for next day.
It turns up next day (tuesday) but no bb tool, but a note on invoice saying it's out of stock and will be 7-10 days.
Next day (Wednesday) get an email saying they are upgrading it to park tool version at no extra charge and will send next day. Package comes Thursday and they've sent park cartridge tool which is wrong. I email them and they say send it back and include invoice and cover note. No mention of external tool. I email again asking about external tool and they say reorder it normally.
I reply again asking about special price and free next day delivery.
They say what special price???

I reply shove it up your bum as cheaper isn't always better service. Will not be using them again.

Top Bottom