Don't 'buddy' me, buddy!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That purple/pink whatever font is fine if you're a child writing in crayon. It's disrespectful to other forum members who have politely told you it's difficult to read.
You don't know my reason for posting in this colour, so better you keep your opinion to yourself and stop likening me to a child. You need to understand that there are people in the world with needs that you cannot comprehend, instead of sticking to your narrow-minded and rigid view of things. We are not all the same.
So if you want to continue to troll us, I'll just block you. Easy :angel:
Do you even know what trolling is? You're making yourself look a bit silly here. You cannot troll people with a font colour. Why don't you go asnd look at my other posts and see if you think that I am a troll. You will see that I contribute in a number of different areas and with good intentions. The only time I discuss the font colour I use is when narrow-minded, dull people such as yourself bring the matter up. Do us all a favour and go and look up the meaning of the word 'troll', instead of coming on here and making yourself look like a clown in front of everybody.

He's not the only one who has trouble reading your posts, I find the same thing on every device I use. Sadly, it means I skim over what you post most of the time. I understand it works for you, and I have no problem with that, but I find it difficult to read; a bit like having everything capitalised.
Well, I am sorry to have inconvenienced the three or four of you all then. Hopefully you'll all be able to get on with your lives now.

It could be worse
Untitled-1.png

Reactions: srw

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
You don't know my reason for posting in this colour, so better you keep your opinion to yourself and stop likening me to a child. You need to understand that there are people in the world with needs that you cannot comprehend, instead of sticking to your narrow-minded and rigid view of things. We are not all the same.Do you even know what trolling is? You're making yourself look a bit silly here. You cannot troll people with a font colour. Why don't you go asnd look at my other posts and see if you think that I am a troll. You will see that I contribute in a number of different areas and with good intentions. The only time I discuss the font colour I use is when narrow-minded, dull people such as yourself bring the matter up. Do us all a favour and go and look up the meaning of the word 'troll', instead of coming on here and making yourself look like a clown in front of everybody.

You may have a very good reason for typing in a pink font, you may have a very good reason for not giving a reason, but if you expect your posts to be read by alienating your audience, who find the font distracting, annoying and rather pretentious they will be putting you on their ignore list and therefore making your posts redundant, which seems counter productive to me.

I expect you couldn't care less.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
A lad in my local co-op always says "alright Bud?", which I find rude. I've worked in retail before and was always taught to just say hello or good morning, then if you need to get a customer's attention you can simply say excuse me, or add a sir or madam at the end if, from the feel of the conversation, you feel it appropriate.

Maybe I'm just too British, but when I'm in a shop or Bar spending money, I like to feel valued. Calling someone mate or bud is not really giving a customer any higher status than a non-customer.

When I lived in Luton in the late 90's, I heard all sorts of weird things like "alright Chief?", or "geez" (short for geezer?).

Humans are a strange bunch

You may have a very good reason for typing in a pink font, you may have a very good reason for not giving a reason, but if you expect your posts to be read by alienating your audience, who find the font distracting, annoying and rather pretentious they will be putting you on their ignore list and therefore making your posts redundant...
What, all four of them? The importance of my posting in my colour of choice outweighs the minor inconvenience to the minority of forum users. If I could change it, I would - not meaning to exclude anybody but if the font colour is that distressing then they can just use the ignore feature, as some have already, and delighted in telling me so, for some odd reason

I expect you couldn't care less.
And what makes you say that? That's not a very nice thing to say, is it?

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
What, all four of them? The importance of my posting in my colour of choice outweighs the minor inconvenience to the minority of forum users. If I could change it, I would - not meaning to exclude anybody but if the font colour is that distressing then they can just use the ignore feature, as some have already, and delighted in telling me so, for some odd reason

And what makes you say that? That's not a very nice thing to say, is it?

Possibly not, but the reason I say it is because your posts come across as high-handed, you are on the ignore list of four people that you know about.

Possibly not, but the reason I say it is because your posts come across as high-handed
Ah, so now we know the root of your real gripe which is that you see me as high-handed and this has nothing to do with the font colour of my posts. This makes you look rather silly now, doesn't it? Better that you'd have been big enough to come straight out with your real differences with me.
...you are on the ignore list of four people that you know about.
Am I? Where did you find that out?

Top Bottom