Don't 'buddy' me, buddy!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tyred

Legendary Member
I think I've been called worse in my time!

Pink, magenta, purple, whatever?
It's just very hard to read and thus annoying. There is no need for you to keep posting in that colour font.
Get your screen calibrated. It's not my fault that you have a badly calibrated screen. And there is good reason that I post in a this colour. Just because you don't know what the reason is, doesn't mean that there is no need for me to do it. Suck it up.

dodgy

That purple/pink whatever font is fine if you're a child writing in crayon. It's disrespectful to other forum members who have politely told you it's difficult to read. So if you want to continue to troll us, I'll just block you. Easy :angel:

byegad

Legendary Member
Get your screen calibrated. It's not my fault that you have a badly calibrated screen. And there is good reason that I post in a this colour. Just because you don't know what the reason is, doesn't mean that there is no need for me to do it. Suck it up.
Congratulations A-M. Blocked!

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite

He's not the only one who has trouble reading your posts, I find the same thing on every device I use. Sadly, it means I skim over what you post most of the time. I understand it works for you, and I have no problem with that, but I find it difficult to read; a bit like having everything capitalised.

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Some of the younger bar staff hereabouts have taken to calling me 'buddy'. 'Alright, buddy?' 'What can I get you buddy?' No! No, no, no! I am not your buddy. I am not, for that matter, anyone's 'buddy'. Please, desist. Do not address me thus.

To be fair, I find 'mate' almost as annoying, and I also dislike 'sir'. In fact I can't think of any term they could use that wouldn't annoy me at least a bit. Totally unreasonable. But 'buddy' is the worst. 'Buddy' really gets on my tit. I don't know why, but there it is.

(Funnily enough, if an Aussie calls me 'mate', it doesn't bother me at all. No idea why. I guess I'm just too old for logic...)

In a little Tesco outlet the other day the sales assistant called me "chap" twice. This seemed most odd. "Chaps" (plural) or "old chap" (posh and old fashioned) are rare enough, but "£2.46 please, chap" seemed quite unique. You would no doubt have hated that, too ..... mi old china.

marknotgeorge

Hol den Vorschlaghammer!
Some people round 'ere would call you 'youth'.

Tim Hall

In a little Tesco outlet the other day the sales assistant called me "chap" twice. This seemed most odd. "Chaps" (plural) or "old chap" (posh and old fashioned) are rare enough, but "£2.46 please, chap" seemed quite unique. You would no doubt have hated that, too ..... mi old china.
Not as annoying as "quite unique" though...

Meanwhile in Sainsbury's, they seem to have trouble distinguishing between people who work there (members of staff) and people I work with (feckless annoying plonkerscolleagues). "If you require assistance, please ask a colleague".

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Not as annoying as "quite unique" though...

Meanwhile in Sainsbury's, they seem to have trouble distinguishing between people who work there (members of staff) and people I work with (feckless annoying plonkerscolleagues). "If you require assistance, please ask a colleague".
Quite so.

Katherine

Guru
In Salford it's,
Alright chuck? But chuck has to rhyme with hook.
Or,
Yes Love? And love is also pronounced with the northern U.

Smithbat

Getting there, one ride at a time.
We have a lot of loves and mates round here (Bucks), however I am seeing a lot more American titles creeping in, I was called Ma'am the other day and I nearly died, Surely 40 is too young for ma'am :cry:

Top Bottom