Don't 'buddy' me, buddy!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Even worse is "can I grab?". No you effing well can't!!
Indeed. Erm, yes, grab yourself one, but only if I can grab you by the balls and squeeze them really hard, you irritating git.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
'Aye up chicken, how ya doing?'

'Ehh up cocker'

'Now then arr kid'

Besides, what would the distinguished members of this parish use to greet a stranger whose name they didn't know?

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Its ok its not as annoying as members whos font colour is pink..heyho

There's a setting which sorts that out ao I no longer see that

gbb

Legendary Member
Don't mind being called Buddy myself. In fact I use it too. I use 'mate' all the time as people who I ride with on this forum know.
It's funny the little trivial things that get peoples back up. I also can't abide people saying 'Can I get?'
That just about echoes myself. I use bud all the time but only generally with people I know. Mate ditto.
Can I get....doesnt bother me....weve just had relatives from Australia visit, they loved the greeting'.alright duck' etc while in Nottingham, something I still do despite not having lived there 30 plus years.
Personally n othing much bothers me.

mustang1

Guru
Did you ask if they are Buddhists and thus calling you buddy as a sign of one-ness?

An Indian chap I know has a very thick Indian accent and he calls me buddy when we have heated debates. He calls me "buddy" in a real thick accent and it always makes me cringe.

Shudder.

Top Bottom