Don't 'buddy' me, buddy!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Guv or Guv'na seem to be falling out of use :sad:

Buddy is the norm in my local at home, it grates but not as much as the lousy service.

AndyRM

XOXO
I'm not your buddy, guy.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Alright me old mucka...i fooking hate that..followed by Pal..
and a stranger calling you by your Christian name when you answer the phone..in the life long friend way..
apparently it puts you at ease so they can improve the chance of selling you whatever..
they just get a Have we met? Who are you brrrrrrrrrrr

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Duuuuuuuuuude!
giphy.gif

Globalti

Legendary Member
Sombody at a call centre called me "mate" several times and I got increasingly narked by it. Just as we ended the conversation (which didn't go well for him anyway) I couldn't help myself from telling him that I wasn't his mate and over-familiarity wouldn't help his cause.

The best waiters and hotel staff are the ones who can judge their customers and know where to draw the line between familiarity and formality. With maturity and self-confidence you can be relaxed with customers without being familiar; I cringe when I hear my sales colleagues calling customers "you guys". Ugh.

It's not really complicated at all. The forums default font is black. The pink you are using makes this hard to read.
For you, but not for everybody. And its not pink, which suggests that your screen is out of calibration; maybe this is your real problem?

Top Bottom