Don't take cake into the office.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
There's a hole in her logic.

My weight has increased, while staff levels here, are less than a quarter of what they were.

Last edited:
Office cake was often the highlight of the day. I never had a problem with it but I was one of the few who walked or cycled to work.

Sitting in a car and then at your desk all day is not great for your health.

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
Taking cake in can be a great way to build team morale. It doesn't have to be cake, it's the effort that counts. I recall having a chat with someone who thought they shouldn't have to bring cake in as they didn't eat it, so I suggested they bring in something they did eat. They brought in a load of fruit. That all got scoffed aswell.
Several people (me included) also got into baking that way, in fact so much so, at times it was like Bake Off!!

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Grauniad behind the times. Old news.. This was mooted a few years ago. Everyone laughed it out of existence then, too.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Grauniad behind the times. Old news.. This was mooted a few years ago. Everyone laughed it out of existence then, too.
The Guardian is only reporting an interview from The Times (which is paywalled). The three of you criticising the Guardian apparently haven't read either article and are kneejerking shooting the messenger for unrelated reasons.

The Guardian is only reporting an interview from The Times (which is paywalled). The three of you criticising the Guardian apparently haven't read either article and are kneejerking shooting the messenger for unrelated reasons.

This must take the cake for the most ridiculous reaction.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I think the Guardian are the left wing equivalent of the Mail, and make just about as much sense.

The grauniad does indeed get a bit silly sometimes I concede, but on the other hand it isn't per se evil, so I think it's a bit of a false equivalence

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
There's fewer to take a slice, making you feel obliged to eat a second, maybe third, slice.

We all used to chip in a quid each (except the birthday boy/girl) and get a selection from the local bakery.

Back then, that was about £36 worth a time.

Now there's only 6 people, plus (thanks to the cost of living increases) you don't get much for a £ these days. :sad:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I might take cake into the office as part of a packed lunch, but it's for me and me alone.

I'd be quite happy if they put a ban on people bringing in food and offering it round. Just piss off with your bloody biscuits from Torremolinos.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
I might take cake into the office as part of a packed lunch, but it's for me and me alone.

I'd be quite happy if they put a ban on people bringing in food and offering it round. Just piss off with your bloody biscuits from Torremolinos.

You haven't seen my bag of salty treats from Norway then? They didn't disappear very quickly...

Top Bottom