Doping in other sports

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SWSteve

Guru

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Athletics does it again.
Sprinter claims that kissing his girlfriend caused him to fail a test.

This is total BS.

When my partner has a cold or chest infection we keep passionate kissing to a minimum. And if I was an athlete I expect I would be even more careful to avoid infections.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/athletics/40613013

Is this the same football team that only once in the last 9 tournaments have managed to get out of the groups - and then then it was on a very bizarre technicality.

Can't wait for the World Cup when they somehow because Soccer powerhouses and win the bloody thing
Wait a minute, did we not establish some time ago that doping is pointless in football cos it's a game of skill...:evil:

Melvil

Way to spoil a party!
Serial doper Justin Gatlin just royally fecked Bolt's leaving do.

Yes. That's a shame. I am a little bit suspicious about this one too as the man is 35. That's very old to be winning 100m races at the world championships. Perhaps he is clean but if he is doping again it would be a massive scandal. Usain was way past his best. I genuinely don't understand why he raced. He didn't need the money or fame and his legacy is secured already. Athletics is going to be fairly boring without him. It is already in a bit of a downward spiral and people like Gatlin, who dope repeatedly, are the reason why. Winning at all costs mentality. It's what happened with Armstrong and the horrible bugger still hasn't testified about the full extent of what he did.

Usain was way past his best. I genuinely don't understand why he raced.
He has been way past his best for a few years, looking at this list of best times, I think the red lines indicate "proven doper":
DGftsOfXsAEcKEV.jpg

Melvil

He has been way past his best for a few years, looking at this list of best times, I think the red lines indicate "proven doper":
View attachment 366304

Christ that makes for depressing reading

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I'm sorry, but it's the World Championships, not Bolt's testimonial.
Don't get me wrong, I actually had a little chuckle. The Beeb had gone into full epic mode - slow mo footage, stirring soundtrack, portentous voiceover - you know the score, and it was really beginning to grind my gears. So when it all went very off-script I couldn't help myself.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Don't get me wrong, I actually had a little chuckle. The Beeb had gone into full epic mode - slow mo footage, stirring soundtrack, portentous voiceover - you know the score, and it was really beginning to grind my gears. So when it all went very off-script I couldn't help myself.

You did better than me, I flicked over to the Beeb and montage footage of Bolts wins was playing. Then it got thoroughly creepy with the fawning and a 2 hour countdown thingy. I had to switch it off as I was worried I would choke on the cloying sickly sweetness of it all.

Oh and if I hear one more presenter/interviewer ask the stock crowd question to make attendees think the participants care about them, beyond the money, then I'm going to hunt them down and wash their mouths out with carbolic soap.

400bhp

Guru
You listen to the post race analysis on the beeb, by ex athletes and you understand the bubble they live in. They just don't get it [why it's completely justifiable for the crowd to boo].

Athletics continues to bury its head in the sand in respect of doping and until they address this I believe the sport in the western world is on a downward spiral.

Just wait until the sport disappears from the BBC.

Top Bottom