1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doping in other sports

Discussion in 'Pro Cycling (Road and Track Racing)' started by montage, 17 Jan 2013.

1. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

The women's 10,000m race was won beating a dirty world record by 14 seconds that has stood since 1993 by a proven doper.
    The second 5k would have been a world record in its own right.
    Hmmmm.

marinyork, 400bhp and Crackle like this.
  2. Marmion

Marmion Guru

C'mon now rich, she'd run the distance once before on the track, that's plenty experience to be turning up and smashing the world record and becoming 'lympic champion in her 2nd race. I do it all the time...

marinyork likes this.
  3. Crackle

Crackle On a...matopoeia

Eyebrows raised eh and still the Beeb report it straight.

marinyork likes this.
  4. Marmion

Marmion Guru

The BBC pundits are an absolute joke. Deniers all. Celebrating the new record and the new 'lympic champion yesterday without any hint of suspicion was sickening. They need to grow up and start naming doping rather than fudging round it. "Shrouded in controversy" seems to be their way of saying "dodgy dopers"

5. Marmion

Marmion Guru

6. smutchin

smutchin Cat 6 Racer

Crackle likes this.
  7. Crackle

Crackle On a...matopoeia

Avoid the green tea.

smutchin likes this.
  8. Marmion

Marmion Guru

If I was her I'd be fecking off quicksmart to somewhere far far away and never answering the door or going out again!

9. Marmion

Marmion Guru

I wonder if BBC coverage will mention any hint of "MoBot" and doping?

10. HF2300

HF2300 Insanity Prawn Boy

11. HF2300

Last edited: 13 Aug 2016
    marinyork and Marmion like this.
  12. Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey Toll Collector on the Road to Nowhere

13. HF2300

Is indeed, and rode in the Olympic road race (though DNF'd) - but the Zielinski brothers are Polish weightlifters and tested positive for Nandrolone.

14. rich p

rich p ridiculous old lush

The hubris of the Russians is almost beyond belief. Do they have no sense of shame?
    To blame their disgrace on Macchiavellian political shenanigans (that's a phrase I don't often use!) is more than irritating.

Marmion likes this.
  15. HF2300

I thought the unrepentant ex-doper Zabelinskaya making lofty proclamations after the women's RR about Russia showing the world they could win clean was a touch ironic, not to say hypocritical.

marinyork and rich p like this.