Dragon fly incident.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No sting unlikely to break skin. Your injury is probably from something else.

Like what ?

That I can't say, no professional experience or knowledge in the subject.

ABS aren't handed out like toffees these days so if give been given them complete the treatment and see what happens,

All I know is an allergic reaction can hurt a bit. Very, very occasionally Nutella gives me a reaction where my lips swell so much they stick out more than my not very small nose! That usually takes an over the counter antihistamine which clears it up in a couple of hours for me.

ABs and antihistamines will pro clear it up if it's allergy related reaction. If not then I guess it's something else your gp might be able to figure out. At least you'll rule out what the A&E doctor thought it was if they do nothing.

I hope it heals / goes away quickly.

PS a bee or some other large bug once hit my leg at speed. I ended up with an almost roundel style bruise / injury. Looked like the paintball bruises we all got at our mate's stag do!

OP
OP
kingrollo

kingrollo

Guru
That I can't say, no professional experience or knowledge in the subject.

ABS aren't handed out like toffees these days so if give been given them complete the treatment and see what happens,

All I know is an allergic reaction can hurt a bit. Very, very occasionally Nutella gives me a reaction where my lips swell so much they stick out more than my not very small nose! That usually takes an over the counter antihistamine which clears it up in a couple of hours for me.

ABs and antihistamines will pro clear it up if it's allergy related reaction. If not then I guess it's something else your gp might be able to figure out. At least you'll rule out what the A&E doctor thought it was if they do nothing.

I hope it heals / goes away quickly.

PS a bee or some other large bug once hit my leg at speed. I ended up with an almost roundel style bruise / injury. Looked like the paintball bruises we all got at our mate's stag do!

I'm wondering if it wasn't the sting - but I have a reaction/infection to have parts of dragon fly embedded in me .....

(Maybe I will be like Spiderman and get super powers from it)

Well if you turn an iridescent green, sprout beautifully fine wings and start flying around very quickly any time soon...

But will you be a superhero or super villain? And why is superhero one word and super villain two?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Human sized dragonflies would have me hiding from them put it that way

Even human ARM sized dragonflies would have me hiding indoors, with the doors and windows tightly closed, and whimpering for my late mum! :laugh:

This was nasty...

A mate of mine had forgotten his cycling glasses and was descending at speed when he was hit in one eye by a large bluebottle. He somehow managed to do an emergency stop without crashing but his eye was a right mess. I had to lever his eyelid open to rinse out bluebottle mush. The eye was completely bloodshot. He looked like he had done 5 rounds with a bare knuckle boxer!

I had my glasses cracked by a stone chipping thrown up by a speeding car which overtook me on a newly resurfaced stretch of road.

I have had bees and wasps bounce harmlessly off my cycling glasses. I wouldn't have wanted them in my eyes!

Apparently dragon flies are the most effective predator. They always get a kill when they go out.
Get better soon.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Yesterday whilst doing a fast descent what looked a dragon fly smashed into my face just above the eyebrow - it made like a cracking noise as it hit me.

Got home about an hour later - no obvious injury - but after a shower etc a couple of hours later it started to swell - and this morning there is a lot of swelling around the eye.

Went to a+e - which wasn't the most confidence inspiring episode to be honest - she reckoned it was a sting gave me anti biotics and told me to take anti histamines - which I will do.

But my feeling is this is an impact injury not a bite or infection ...

Any thoughts.

Went to a+e -

Any thoughts.
Count yourself lucky you didn't go to our local A&E as you would still be waiting to be seen. :laugh:

midlife

Guru
Quick Google and they weigh 600mg to 1g so not sure about impact damage? Might have some bits in your eye, is it red?

I can't wear close fitting glasses due to high prescription. So ordinary glasses which can send the bugs round the back into my eye as much as they would without glasses. Never had a truly high speed but strike to the eye fortunately but that could be something to do with my cycling speed of course,.:laugh:

Top Bottom