Dreams

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CharlieB

Junior Walker and the Allstars
Back in the early 1980s, when the world was getting a little twitchy about US/USSR relationships, and Reagan/Chernenko were running those two powers respectively, many films being made (e.g. the British one, Threads, the US one I can’t remember the name of) etc., etc., I was regularly dreaming that someone had hit the red button. Probably weekly.
Waking up in fright, and wanting to run out into the street for a quick end.
Scary times.

More recently, one of my bikes developed a nasty and loud creak per wheel revolution when I put pressure on. It was embarrassing on group rides and comments were always passed. This continued for at least 15 months and numerous LBSs had looked at the bike without solving the issue.
One night I dreamt about removing the very pretty Hope wheel skewers I’d installed and replacing them with the original Campag ones.
Next morning I did just that and went for the first silent ride in a long time.
So just very rarely, dreams can come true.

The Hope skewers? Gone to a good home in this very parish. (https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/hope-skewers-gone.186428/)

Last edited:

Chief Broom

Veteran
I don't have many dreams , but i had a weird one last nigh that i could not understand at all .

I was a teacher of young children and they were coming up to me to ask me a question or show me something and as they talked to me they gave me an injection of some sort without asking or telling me !!

Normally you can see a connection or reason for them but this one i couldn't at all

Anybody like to explain it to me please do
I would say its about an adult thinking they know everything and the children in their innocent wisdom recognising the condition and kindly inoculating the misguided and restoring the happy state of knowing ****er all :laugh:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I have this horrible dream every now and then. It's been happening since I gave up my cycle club runs over 5 years ago. The ride and return below was challenging to me on most days, but not as bad as in my dream. In my dream I do the ride on a horrible freezing stormy night like tonight, :cold: :rain: wearing only Jesus sandals (not too sure if they're SPD🤔) and a mankini....with no lights on my bike!.:unsure:

1637981730760.png

Last edited:
I very rarely remember a dream ( once or twice a year) and cant remember the last time I had a nightmare but last night I had one.
Very weird, I was somehow seconded to be a diplomat for the USA and sent to some near medieval country in Europe to stop a war ( they had old fashioned Cannon and muskets,swords and shields) . I was in some huge Castle trying to speak to the King, they kept moving the meeting room and would not tell me where the room was and i was running all over the place and people were ignoring me. The nightmare finished as old B52 bombers started to bomb the castle.
Really strange as my job is nothing to do with politics, I am a engineer.

I very rarely remember a dream ( once or twice a year) and cant remember the last time I had a nightmare but last night I had one.
Very weird, I was somehow seconded to be a diplomat for the USA and sent to some near medieval country in Europe to stop a war ( they had old fashioned Cannon and muskets,swords and shields) . I was in some huge Castle trying to speak to the King, they kept moving the meeting room and would not tell me where the room was and i was running all over the place and people were ignoring me. The nightmare finished as old B52 bombers started to bomb the castle.
going through some work stress at the moment, even if in the engineering sector rather than politics?

@Blue Hills The only thing I can think off is actually to do with my daughter and my girlfriend. I had wanted to do the Inca trail for some years and mentioned it to my missus/girlfriend a while ago who defo does not want to do it as she had a heart attack a year ago. This Xmas I mentioned it to my daughter who immediately said she would go with me ( and pay her half) and then went away and dam near organised it.
My missus has said I can go but I know she does not want me to. If I go it will make my daughter happy but know my missus will have the right hump and vica versa.
Both women are very "head strong"

@Blue Hills The only thing I can think off is actually to do with my daughter and my girlfriend. I had wanted to do the Inca trail for some years and mentioned it to my missus/girlfriend a while ago who defo does not want to do it as she had a heart attack a year ago. This Xmas I mentioned it to my daughter who immediately said she would go with me ( and pay her half) and then went away and dam near organised it.
My missus has said I can go but I know she does not want me to. If I go it will make my daughter happy but know my missus will have the right hump and vica versa.
Both women are very "head strong"
mm - you think the dream is related to that?
I dream a hell of a lot, quite often remember them and can also quite often figure out what they are expressions of (I once dreamt that my entire work building had just sort of fallen over sideways - that was definitely work stress. Must admit am somewhat wary of posting my dreams here though.
As for women (some I stress) telling you that something is fine/they are OK with it and then making you pay in all sorts of ways - that could feed an eternity of odd dreams - for dreams are often of course very oftren about buried stuff/stuff that can't be processed in the waking world.

Enjoy your trip - have a great time.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
I have vivid dreams nearly every night but cannot remember most of them for more than a few minutes after wakening.
There is a regular background theme involving people I know or knew and vehicles of various kinds from camper vans to sports cars. I am also often cycling on deserted roads mostly alone. My late wife is often with me and buildings with multiple rooms and corridors with great difficulty finding a way out. Nothing scary tho’ so cannot be described as nightmares. All very strange and rather like an alternative life.

I have vivid dreams nearly every night but cannot remember most of them for more than a few minutes after wakening.
There is a regular background theme involving people I know or knew and vehicles of various kinds from camper vans to sports cars. I am also often cycling on deserted roads mostly alone. My late wife is often with me and buildings with multiple rooms and corridors with great difficulty finding a way out. Nothing scary tho’ so cannot be described as nightmares. All very strange and rather like an alternative life.
yep - very often better than what's on telly - when in italy of an evening i do remember trotting off to bed saying "i can dream better stuff than that".
the only dreams that bother me are the odd one about bicycle issues - somewhat sad I think.

classic33

Leg End Member
Sequel to "The Mouse That Roared"?

OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Thread resurrection
Last night I dreamt that I had been a passenger in an old VW Passat I use to own but had stopped to let someone else drive and we stopped at a restaurant and as I got out of the car I noticed my shoes were on the wrong foot.
So when we sat down I swapped them over only to find they were still not right.... Then I woke up

Top Bottom