Drinkers of Beer, your attention please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Hook Norton Brewery make a beer called Lion, I'm not that keen on it and as far as I know it's not from India.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I ventured into the darkest heart of Hipster territory recently to go on a tour of The London Fields Brewery in Hackney. It turned out that my daughter and I were the only people being shown round but our guide gave us all the time in the world. Afterwards we sampled some of their stuff in the company of the locals in the bar that is on the premises. A more delightful bunch you could not meet. Anyway, here's their IPA. It was rather good.

http://londonfieldsbrewery.co.uk/shop/shoreditch-triangle-ipa/

U

User169

6.0 - 6.5% is significantly stronger than most beers at the time, which were around 3 - 4%. And brewery records for the time show IPA was very heavily hopped compared to other brews. I can recommend a visit to the brewing museum in Burton on Trent.
U

It's not a myth. East India Company records shows that IPA was routinely served mixed with water to prevent drunkeness and dehydration.

I take it you didn't read the link from 3BM. You should read the IPA Myths sections.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
"Hops and Glory" by Pete Brown gives you the low down on all you need to know about IPA... fascinating read. :okay:
61XZ6kwYM0L._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I developed a fondness for Adnams when it was 13p a pint in the college bar. I must renew the acquaintance.
Courage 'Best' was 1/10d a pint when I started playing 'men's cricket'. Not so much fondness, more compulsory. (I was also good at darts "winner stays on, loser buys the beer")
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRpFl_vxi-ovkzcenohUwvuWCUzoeuU4zfnnmekVqaRPMS7Ebw5.jpg

Last edited:

nappadang

Über Member
Just found this again in B & M Bargins. From a bottled stout perspective, this knocks Guinness into a cocked hat

Attachments

• 14299102080131392086207.jpg
    14299102080131392086207.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 42
Top Bottom