Drinkers of Beer, your attention please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Fair do's, snotty posts sometime nark me more than they should.

TBH I'd not even noticed there was a beer thread until I got an equally snarky @shouldbeinbed from in there.

I think if its a serious thread about beer I'm better off out of it as I've been know to drink Carling. I imagine that'd have me in a Wicker Man where the officionados are concerned *insert nervous looking smiley here*

Flush yer feckin' Carling down the khazi and swing by to see what the cool cats is drinking.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Ah Bollocks! I've been searching the internet for beer pellets now, get rid of the slugs.
SlugPub.jpg

This Garden Slug Pub can be great for slug control. Just pour some beer in the reservoir and put it in the garden with the lid on. Slugs are attracted to the beer, but it kills them fast. Glazed interior for easy cleaning.
SlugPub2.jpg

U

User169

Interesting one today

Unknown.jpe

An Asian Pale Ale from a Norwegian Brewer and Brewed in Scotland!

Probably the only duff one I've had from Nogne who are typically excellent: didn't like it at all. Do you know who brewed it in Scotland? I thought they brewed everything themselves.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Aficionados? The presence of 3BM and @rich p should be a clue that any old nobber who wants to bang on about beer is welcome in the Beer thread.
Are they bollox welcome. Imbibers of discernment only, if you please.
Such as the likes of me - 'tastes all right', or Mrs @John the Monkey - 'very nice' and other such shafts of insight

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Polite notice: could all you ****s interested in beer **** off to the Beer thread please. Sheesh...

Probably the only duff one I've had from Nogne who are typically excellent: didn't like it at all. Do you know who brewed it in Scotland? I thought they brewed everything themselves.

Caledonian, and actually I quite liked it!

Last year's Brown Ale was brewed by Batemans

contadino

Veteran
But dehydrating beer to rehydrate it later is complete nonsense. In dehydrating it you will first evaporate off the alcohol (as it has a lower boiling point than the water). When you add water at the other end all you'll have is a watery gunk with no alcohol in it.

Originally IPA was dehydrated for shipping from the UK to India, where it was rehydrated. Obviously not to pellets - that's total bunkem - but enough to reduce the volume to make shipping more viable.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Originally IPA was dehydrated for shipping from the UK to India, where it was rehydrated. Obviously not to pellets - that's total bunkem - but enough to reduce the volume to make shipping more viable.

I really really doubt this story. Dehydrating beer to make it stronger to lower shipping costs...really??? It would be cheaper to brew extra strong beer, ship it, and then dilute it on arrival.

I'd be very interested to follow any internet links to material that supports the dehydration story and would be delighted if my scepticism is unfounded.

Top Bottom