1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DS light

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by col, 10 Dec 2007.

1. col

col Veteran

Talking of these?Goo mason mentioned it in another thread,has anyone got one?Or tried the brain train games,i quite fancy one for that,er what was i on about again?

2. marinyork

marinyork Resting in suspended Animation

Played on the DS. You can get Big Brain Academy on the Wii, was thinking of getting it.

3. col

col Veteran

Dont fancy the wii,all that arm shaking?Is it any good at email retrieval ect,iv been told you can connect to the web with it,anywhere?

4. ChrisKH

ChrisKH Shorts Adjustment Expert

Games are expensive unless you get them in the US. My sons were very impressed with a 30'ish lady who had one at the airport in Florida and was connecting to the web/sending an e-mail on it.

5. SamNichols

SamNichols New Member

Nintendo Wiis are currently doing a fine trade in making games out of menial tasks. i saw an advert for the new wario game, and it had a bit where you blow up a balloon. Why not just blow up a balloon, instead of relying on a games console. Why not blow up 99 red balloons and dance to 80s hits? In my mind, more fun.

6. dan_bo

dan_bo How much does it cost to Oldham?

we got a Wii the other week. It's a right laugh.

7. col

col Veteran

It seems they are sold out everywhere,as well as the ds.In my area anyway.

8. dan_bo

dan_bo How much does it cost to Oldham?

yeah one of those 'manufactured' shortages i think to push prices up. I paid through the nose for ours.

9. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

got the last two ds consoles in town for our kids a couple of weeks ago.

on ebay they were going for more than in the local shops.

10. zimzum42

zimzum42 Legendary Member

The DS lite is great, and if you're careful when you buy games they keep you interested for ages and are good value.

The brain games are excellent, and there are some good games like the 42-in-1 game which has loads of card games, board games, etc etc, and is opnly £20

the touch screen is an excellent interface, and it's very portable and the battery last a long time.

go for it!!!!!!!!!!!

11. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

once the kids have theirs at xmas, we can play 3-player mario cart wirelessly with just one copy of the game. ;)

12. col

col Veteran

I was hinting to my wife and son about it for a while,good for the memory problems;)She has managed to get one,of only six in the town at the time.I also like the look of the multi old games,you know space invaders,defender ,pac man,as well as the multi one you mentioned,and the ability to get emails,and browse,but im still not sure if this can be done anywhere?

Oh and got two free games with it,who wants to be a millionaire,and more brain training.

13. gary r

gary r Veteran

does anyone know where i can get a DS fixed (if its worth fixing) my son has one & its not registering a game when its inserted??

14. col

col Veteran

Is it all games or one in particular?

15. gary r

gary r Veteran

all the games,I thing the contacts are dodgy & might just need a good clean but you need a special screw driver to open