Dunwich Dynamo 30th June 2012 Roll call

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
4F

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Indeed I will be heading off for the train station in the next 20 mins soon, bit of a headwind but thought I would take a slow pootle. See you there

OP
OP
4F

4F

Matt and I got into Dunwich just after 4 and I was back home at 715 after the slow trundle through the forest. I didn't see Scilly Suffolk again after he stopped at the food stop but he was flying like a train up to that point and I had a real problem trying to keep up with him. The weather was ideal and the bacon roll stop was excellent.

Scilly Suffolk

Über Member
Glad Matt caught up with you.

Actually, I could say the same of you: that was a strong pace you set and I had to pull all the stops out.

Didn't fancy hitting the beach as early as you did, so dozed at the food stop for an hour and enjoyed all the pop-up cafes en route, making Dunwich at 6:45am: pint, hot dog and a snooze on the beach.

Ran into my Cousin and his Wife who happened to be riding near Tunstall, so caught a much need draught to make it home for 11am.

Reactions: 4F
OP
OP
4F

4F

Nice one Jim, it was good to ride out with you again. Here's to the next one. Met another CCer in the cafe who joined us on the table for breakfast. I think he said his name was Timh one of the FNRTTC boys, nice to meet you Tim and I hope you enjoyed your ride to Cambridge.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I just caught with Trumpet, he did this on a fixie, and now he has realised that he wants a bike with gears!

Reactions: 4F

mattobrien

Guru
Done.

Have had a full hours sleep before being unleashed on the in-laws.

Tony you were a machine. Awesome cycling.

I think next time I may leave my truck at Dunwich the day before to avoid the slightly soul destroying last 30 miles home.

Hoping for a nap this arvo.

style over speed

riding a f**king bike
That was an amazing ride, perfect weather, beautiful sunrise… big queue for the bus loading was only downside but not sure what else they can do, but thanks for all the organisation and to all the pubs and food stops that opened.. and got my bike put under a coach for some reason ^_^and back home by 2pm

IMG_2669.JPG

Auntie Helen

Ich bin Powerfrau!
I left home at 6:00am and drove to Darsham Station whereupon I parked my car in the free (FREE!) car park and reassembled the trike, including the dog basket and dog.

We headed up the A12 for half a mile before intersecting with the DD route - which was pretty obvious as there was a continuous stream of cyclists.

The dog was whimpering a bit through excitement but otherwise enjoying the journey and lots of people said hello as they cycled past.

I arrived at the Café and saw Andrij and Pippa (from YACF) in the queue so waited outside for them. I did nip quickly down to the beach to get some photos though.

DSCF7234.jpg

DSCF7235.jpg

Pippa and Andrij came out after eating inside the café and we chatted for a bit and I handed out some shortbread and brownies before they decided to head up to Diss.

A minute or so after they left a friend Grace and her partner Andrew appeared. James (who works with Grace) had told me they were planning on coming and it was a real fluke I spotted them. Grace looked pretty tired and was very happy to eat some shortbread. I chatted to them for a while and then I observed the arrival of Team Steady from YACF.

DSCF7236.jpg

DSCF7237.jpg

After I took these photos and Kim dosed up on hayfever drugs we found Wowbagger (via a phone conversation) and eventually headed off to the beach.

DSCF7238.jpg

DSCF7239.jpg

DSCF7240.jpg

Wowbagger had a swim whilst Poppy wandered around saying hello to passers-by and I handed out more brownies, shortbread and some of my vast store of Ritter Sport chocolate.

At about ten o'clock I decided to head off and see my folks on the way home. I was reunited with the trike (which I had left on its own unlocked with the sidepods still on it), put Poppy back in the basket and we headed out, along with three huge coaches. Poppy was pretty tired so was very quiet in the basket. We saw lots of people coming the other way still - a long night's riding for them.

At Darsham station there were a fair few bikes. It was very nice to be able to just chuck all my stuff in the car and head off to a cup of tea with my parents (the first tea of the day - and not until 11:45!!!)

What struck me was the vast number of people at the beach. And, more significantly, the enormous hassle of getting home for most of them!

OP
OP
4F

4F

Sorry we weren't there at the end Helen, having finished breakfast before 5 we thought if we didn't get back on the bikes again there was no way the legs would be in the mood for 30 mile ride home.

It was good to meet you Matt and you set a good pace as well, I just uploaded the ride to Strava and it has got us down as having a moving average of 16.4 so well chuffed with that given last year I struggled with just over 13.

I certainly feel better after a couple of hours sleep this afternoon.

mattobrien

Guru
Just fell asleep for about 45 minutes while getting eldest daughter to sleep. I would probably have been there tomorrow morning had Mrs O not woken me.

Now having a beer, well earned I think.

Maybe we'll be able to up to an 18 mph average for next year. Big step up though.

Top Bottom