Dunwich Dynamo 30th June 2012 Roll call

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Ah ha! For fear of cluttering this thread we'll continue the discussion the old fashioned way (in the pub) tonight!

al-fresco

Growing older but not up...
I'll be there for my second DD. Taking the train to and from London this time to avoid driving. (Driving home afterwards was the hardest part last year.)

mattobrien

Guru
It's tomorrow!!!!

Currently on a train to London, although sans bike. I am thinking of it as a dummy run.

Still got a bit of prep to do tonight and some figuring our how I am going to carry everythign, but it would be fair to say that I am more than a little excited.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
I might have to bail on this, I'm going to really struggle to get any time off work to recover and my brain falls apart without enough sleep, and I'm unlikely to get any as I'm looking after my daughter for the weekend while my wife is at work.

I'm also concerned and how wiped out I am this morning after last night's little ride! So I might have to be dull, but sensible, and say 'next year'.

compo

Veteran
Sorry to hear that Andrew, but you know what you must do, and many of us know how much kids can take out of us even when we haven't lost a night's sleep.

See you next year!

Good luck to all on the Dunwich Dynamo.

This northerner will do it one year (not next year though coz i'm planning on a LEJOG and the LEL!)

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Cheers, this is just one of those 'being an adult about it' things. My wife is an incredibly tolerant woman considering how often I ride, how many bands I play in and how crap I am at DIY, so I think (and this isn't led by her at all) I need to snap into unselfish mode on this one and spend a little bit less time outside the house.

It's been good to have a focus though, and I'm looking forward to going on some more rides with Suffolk CC folk.

mattobrien

Guru
Taking the say way home from London at the moment, on the train. Tomorrow's journey will be so much more fun.

Andrew, sorry to hear you can't join us. My wife has just figured out, in her words, that I will be "good for nothing" on Sunday. I am hoping that our little bundles of joy stay in bed later than 5am tomorrow morning, unlike today...

Top Bottom