Dunwich Dynamo 30th June 2012 Roll call

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scilly Suffolk

Über Member
With respect (I understand this is all a bit tongue in cheek), if you don't like Suffolk, why are all you [insert name] rejects here?

I have overpurchased rail tickets and have a couple to spare. One is from Diss to London on the 17:17, the other from Diss to Southend on the 16:17. The latter, with an extra purchase, could be amended to get to London. Both tickets carry bike reservations. They are £8 each.

compo

Veteran
With respect (I understand this is all a bit tongue in cheek), if you don't like Suffolk, why are all you [insert name] rejects here?

I love Suffolk (except Ipswich, the armpit of East Anglia). I have lived in Ipswich, Leiston and Sudbury. Sudbury for 20 years. I moved to Essex when I married a couple of years ago and would move back to Sudbury tomorrow if I had the wherewithall.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Another question: I like following GPX routes. I've downloaded the one from last year (linked from the Southwark cyclists page). Is the route likely to change much this year? I've read a few reports of people going the wrong way for a few miles, and I'd like to avoid that if possible - it's already twice as far as I've been before.

I'm hoping there will be enough other cyclists on the road that I can just follow them!

I love Suffolk (except Ipswich, the armpit of East Anglia). I have lived in Ipswich, Leiston and Sudbury. Sudbury for 20 years. I moved to Essex when I married a couple of years ago and would move back to Sudbury tomorrow if I had the wherewithall.
Sunbury's almost in Essex!

mattobrien

Guru
I will be following 4F then. Possibly with Andrew in tow, linked up to recharge his phone :smile:

Started to get more than a little excited now. Just need to put my bike back together and I will be ready. It's currently sans BB, crank and pedals. All items I consider to be important for the main event. Hoping the postie does me proud and brings me a parcel tomorrow to aid rebuild.

compo

Veteran
Sunbury's almost in Essex!

No it isn't. It's nearly in London.

Scilly Suffolk

Über Member
Lights arrived yesterday, bottle cage bracket this morning, but Disco Brakes sent the wrong pads: so at least I'll be able to see who I've crashed into while fumbling for a drink...

Photo-0012.jpg

Scilly Suffolk

Über Member
Another question: I like following GPX routes. I've downloaded the one from last year (linked from the Southwark cyclists page). Is the route likely to change much this year? I've read a few reports of people going the wrong way for a few miles, and I'd like to avoid that if possible - it's already twice as far as I've been before.
Take a compass and just keep going North East until your feet get wet...

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod

Involuntary armpit dweller here... I moved from a nice village (Wickham Market) into the 'big smoke' of Ipswich when I was 18 and haven't been able to afford to move out ever since! But least my area of town (Old Stoke) is cheap, and when I look at the crime maps there is almost no crime, possibly because everyone who lives in Old Stoke follows the mantra of 'don't shoot on your own doorstep'...

Scilly Suffolk

Über Member
Oh yeah: my mate does the Saturday afternoon sports show on BBC Radio Suffolk and he'll be interviewing me about DD XX.

If you order your signed photographs now, I'll bring them with me on Saturday...

Top Bottom