E bay and bidding.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
Well this week my old pal and neighbour George who i sit with twice a week has had me watching BAND of BROTHERS,Oh i am hooked.So much so i have been on the 'bay' looking for a second hand boxed set,and there are loads of them.So this morning i put four copies in my 'watch list' and i then bid on the cheapest.I was the only one until there was just 45 mins left,suddenly it got busy,the bidding soon got over the prices of my other three watched copies,so i dropped out and bought direct without bidding,and got it cheaper.The bidding has 15 mins left and is now at £6-15 with postage,i cannot understand when there are at least one other copy at £1-50 cheaper,i have paid £4-59 for the boxed set including postage,and Mrs Postman has just told me i don't have to pay for it,it can be a Xmas pressie,so i win all round.Funny that bidding got so hot near the end.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
It’s called a bidding frenzy!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Along with the Sopranos, it's one of the very best series ever made.

Postie, you will need BofB's companion set The Pacific next

sheddy

Legendary Member
mmm, I wonder if I can find my BoB (plastic) trench coat as used in the film set ? Someone might buy it !

The problem is, I don't know if it's US or German...I found a stack of them in a local charity shop and bought one for gardening.

screenman

Legendary Member
mmm, I wonder if I can find my BoB (plastic) trench coat as used in the film set ? Someone might buy it !

The problem is, I don't know if it's US or German...I found a stack of them in a local charity shop and bought one for gardening.

You never know unless you try.

Tommy2

Über Member
I put something on eBay last week and got a handful of bids, the winner didn’t bother to get in touch so I had to relist it, only got one bid so it sold for less than it would have last week.

beepbeep

Well this week my old pal and neighbour George who i sit with twice a week has had me watching BAND of BROTHERS,Oh i am hooked.So much so i have been on the 'bay' looking for a second hand boxed set,and there are loads of them.So this morning i put four copies in my 'watch list' and i then bid on the cheapest.I was the only one until there was just 45 mins left,suddenly it got busy,the bidding soon got over the prices of my other three watched copies,so i dropped out and bought direct without bidding,and got it cheaper.The bidding has 15 mins left and is now at £6-15 with postage,i cannot understand when there are at least one other copy at £1-50 cheaper,i have paid £4-59 for the boxed set including postage,and Mrs Postman has just told me i don't have to pay for it,it can be a Xmas pressie,so i win all round.Funny that bidding got so hot near the end.
after Band of Brothers -- watch The Pacific - US Marines !!! Semper Fi !

Top Bottom