E bay and bidding.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lozz360

Veteran
mmm, I wonder if I can find my BoB (plastic) trench coat as used in the film set ? Someone might buy it !

The problem is, I don't know if it's US or German...I found a stack of them in a local charity shop and bought one for gardening.
If it's drab green it's US. Black or grey, German.

OP
OP
postman

postman

Legendary Member
i have bought off e bay the companion, The Pacific after reading reviews,a straight buy job, 6 discs including postage £4-48.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
The listing you're looking for has ended.
s-l640.jpg
Vintage 70's Mens Neck Scarf Cravat Yellow Retro Paisley Baroque Mod Scooter
Condition:
Used
Ended:
25 Nov, 2018, 19:35:39 GMT
Price:
£83.00

I bid a tenner for this,expecting it to go for more. Just a bit of fun i suppose. I didn't expect someone to bid 83 quid though!! I think they've paid way over the odds for it,but if they like it then.....

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I bid a tenner for this,expecting it to go for more. Just a bit of fun i suppose. I didn't expect someone to bid 83 quid though!! I think they've paid way over the odds for it,but if they like it then.....
Ha - how about this then...?
A friend of mine bought a leather motorcycle jacket and wore it for over 25 years. He then sold it on eBay to a biker in Japan for more than he had originally paid for it! :thumbsup:

ColinJ

Imagine wearing some greaser's old leathers!:unsure: :ohmy:
It did seem a bit off to me! :laugh:

The same guy used to buy broken Apple computers on eBay and either fix them and sell them whole or strip them down and sell the parts. He once bought a fairly decent one for £20 which was 'dead' but it turned out to be just a blown fuse! The computer worked perfectly when he replaced the fuse and he made a few hundred pounds on that one ...

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I just decide what I'm happy to pay, bid immediately with several days to go, if I win it, I win it, if I don't it went for more money than I was prepared to pay.
I decide what I'm prepared to pay, days before the end of the sale, and stick in a bid in the last two seconds if it hasn't been reached.. What's the point in advertising to other bidders that you are interested, or in giving people the chance to react to your bid? I don't use sniping sites. It's far more fun to put in a last second bid personally.

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
I don't bother bidding in increments, I just ask myself what's the maximum I would pay for the item and stick that bid in on the last day. I sometimes (quite often actually) get things for much less than my maximum if nobody bids too much - but even if I'm outbid I'm not bothered because have the satisfaction of knowing that the winner paid more than it was worth to me... and there will always be another one for me to bid on later.

Kempstonian

I put something on eBay last week and got a handful of bids, the winner didn’t bother to get in touch so I had to relist it, only got one bid so it sold for less than it would have last week.
You should report the winner to Ebay Tommy. It says in their rules that winning an auction is a legal thing where you are committed to pay for it. He could get chucked off Ebay for wasting your time (and losing money).

D

Deleted member 26715

You should report the winner to Ebay Tommy. It says in their rules that winning an auction is a legal thing where you are committed to pay for it.
That's what Fleecebay would have you think but they are wrong, in the US Fleecebay is an Auction site, but in the UK it's a Marketplace due to some old laws we have over here, if it's an Auction you are correct the willing bidder is liable to pay for the goods & can be pursued through the courts if they don't. Fleecebay are unable to enforce that, hence why it's a Marketplace.

Kempstonian

That's what Fleecebay would have you think but they are wrong, in the US Fleecebay is an Auction site, but in the UK it's a Marketplace due to some old laws we have over here, if it's an Auction you are correct the willing bidder is liable to pay for the goods & can be pursued through the courts if they don't. Fleecebay are unable to enforce that, hence why it's a Marketplace.
I suppose the UK site is reprinting the American rules then. Oh well...

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Er,i've actually won a fecking biding war!!!:ohmy:

spacer.gif

Congratulations,@@@@
You won this auction. Please make a payment to mrportzx to receive your item.
Merc Eldon Orange Parka
s-l225.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Your winning bid: £50.00
+ £6.00 postage
• You placed 1 bid and won
• Pay now and get it as early as Mon, 03 Dec

I bid about 1 and a half hours before the end of the bidding. I switched on my computer expecting to have been outbid,but no i actually won!:wahhey:

It says this coat is the same as the one worn by Liam Gallagher. Is that a good thing,i don't know?:unsure:

Last edited:

ColinJ

Er,i've actually won a fecking biding war!!!:ohmy:

View attachment 441049
Congratulations,@@@@
You won this auction. Please make a payment to mrportzx to receive your item.
Merc Eldon Orange Parka
View attachment 441050

View attachment 441051

Your winning bid: £50.00
+ £6.00 postage
• You placed 1 bid and won
• Pay now and get it as early as Mon, 03 Dec

I bid about 1 and a half hours before the end of the bidding. I switched on my computer expecting to have been outbid,but no i actually won!:wahhey:

It says this coat is the same as the one worn by Liam Gallagher. Is that a good thing,i don't know?:unsure:
Yay - only £56!

Er, hang on ... new for £60 with £4 worth of loyalty points! :whistle:

Top Bottom