E Bikes-abuse and rhetoric posted about ebikes and their riders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
They are not just aimed at beginner, unexperiened, non cyclists. They are ridden by professional, ex professional, cyclists, mtbers all over the world....people need to stop this fascination that they are only ridden by idiots and unexperienced riders.

Its getting boring people, move on....they are the future whether you like it or not and are here to stay.

T4tomo

Guru
Ahh because some people disagree with you they are wrong?
:notworthy:

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
You have a point and as electric bike sales in the NL are 53% I’m sure you are correct. I’m led to believe the Dutch know their cycling onions. Could be wrong.

BUT I genuinely would love it when electric vehicles are affordable and the norm.

First dibs on a small/medium van that I can use for work. My diesel pickup has me over a barrel.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

You have a point and as electric bike sales in the NL are 53% I’m sure you are correct. I’m led to believe the Dutch know their cycling onions. Could be wrong.

BUT I genuinely would love it when electric vehicles are affordable and the norm.

First dibs on a small/medium van that I can use for work. My diesel pickup has me over a barrel.
I too would love an electric car......but for now, for me, its not a viable option :sad::sad:

LCpl Boiled Egg

Three word soundbite
They are not just aimed at beginner, unexperiened, non cyclists. They are ridden by professional, ex professional, cyclists, mtbers all over the world....people need to stop this fascination that they are only ridden by idiots and unexperienced riders.

Its getting boring people, move on....they are the future whether you like it or not and are here to stay.

Is this to be another thread where anyone who disagrees with you is wrong? I get that you're passionate about e-bikes but comments like "its [sic] getting boring people, move on" will just wind people up like it did in the other thread. That got so bad the Mods had to lock it to clean it up.

Your post isn't trying to start a discussion, it's just a moan and I don't understand what you're trying to achieve by posting it.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Is this to be another thread where anyone who disagrees with you is wrong? I get that you're passionate about e-bikes but comments like "its [sic] getting boring people, move on" will just wind people up like it did in the other thread. That got so bad the Mods had to lock it to clean it up.

Your post isn't trying to start a discussion, it's just a moan and I don't understand what you're trying to achieve by posting it.
Theres 1000s of posts on here were people just have a moan or rant. Do you say the same to them??? Is this just going to be another post were people disagree with me, makes me wrong??? It works both ways......

If people dont like ebikes i would prefer they just come out and say it. Then your a sound footing to base your argument/debate....if you just make up lies, then for me, they are just wasting mine and your time.

Sharky

Guru

The confusion is because E bikes have yet to find their niche in the world. It's not that long ago (maybe for some), that mopeds were in a similar position, appealing to cyclists and motorists. In fact Cycling Weekly in those days was called "Cycling and Mopeds". As mopeds advanced, they diverged from bikes and the distinction was clear and separate.

Levo-Lon

Guru
The problem with E-bikes and E - cars is the cost..

Now i have an mtb ebike and commute on it, i sometimes mtb on it.
A good e mtb will set you back 3-7k but so will a good mtb with no motor. But a 3k normal bike will be well specked and the emtb will be cheap parts only.
I still prefer my normal bikes.

I'd love a e-car but its not going to happen as there's no infrastructure..

I dont know why anti ebike posters reply.
They obviously havent had a day out on one.
There fekin brilliant if you need some help up hills and dont have 50 mile ride fitness.

They are the future and in 10 yrs they will be everywhere as we push for a greener future.

Embrace it, its not a fad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom