E bikes that look like motorbikes ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I regularly see someone commuting on an e-bike who is going up a slight incline only a little slower than the overtaking cars, on a 40mph road, all whilst not a single turn of the pedals occur, at peak fitness I would be averaging about 14 mph up there, and have been passed by much fitter club riders probably doing about 16 mph, yet this overweight bloke in work clobber can do 38 mph without a turn of the pedals
Couple like that at work , work have banned e scooters but not the dodgy converted bikes , had one behind me on the cycle path and all you could hear was the loud whine from the motor as it rapidly closed on me even though i was doing about 20 mph
The other day i saw a bike with 2 stroke engine conversion too tazzing along !

AuroraSaab

Veteran
These are £4k in Costco. If one of those ran into you on a cycle path you'd know about it.
13180086026270.jpg

I often see people, well young men, zooming around on adapted bikes. A huge danger to pedestrians not just themselves.

wheresthetorch

Dreaming of Celeste
These are £4k in Costco. If one of those ran into you on a cycle path you'd know about it.
View attachment 662648
I often see people, well young men, zooming around on adapted bikes. A huge danger to pedestrians not just themselves.

My ebike is similar, but it isn't a danger to anyone as I have eyes and brakes. It is also fully legal.

PXL_20220722_153039540~2.jpg

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
My ebike is similar, but it isn't a danger to anyone as I have eyes and brakes. It is also fully legal.

View attachment 662715

I like that, but can see why it needs a motor - they don't look efficient, but for being cool ! :becool:

AuroraSaab

Veteran
I've only seen those bikes in store in Costco one time. They are incredibly cool looking but I'm not sure how much of a market there is for a £4k bike in that style. I guess my point is that being hit by a bike like that would be worse than being hit by a standard bike, at the same speed, whether fast or slow.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
I guess my point is that being hit by a bike like that would be worse than being hit by a standard bike, at the same speed, whether fast or slow.
I can't see why. The front wheel would be the initial point of contact. Given that the wheels on these things are smaller than average (700c-29") I would assume the victims legs would be swept from under them rather than ploughed straight into them with a bigger wheel.
Having said that, I don't know what on earth is wrong with some bicycle riders but I've never once hit a person or animal with my bike.

Top Bottom