Votes: 61 67.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Each to the own

Votes: 20 22.0%
  • Don't care in the slightest

Votes: 9 9.9%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
With the upserge in ebikes across the market from gravel, to road, to MTB........are you in favor or not

Globalti

Legendary Member
Not when I'm sweating up some hill and somebody on an E mountain bike breezes casually past me then turns off a few yards further on as if he only wanted to make a point, no, not in favour.

JhnBssll

Veteran
I think they're fabulous. I'm sure I'll own one at some point in the future :okay: One of my friends owns one and uses it on his commute; he constants reminds me that his average speed is much higher than mine and i happily go along with it, safe in the knowledge his beer gut is getting bigger and mine smaller :laugh:

si_c

Guru
I think they're fabulous. I'm sure I'll own one at some point in the future :okay: One of my friends owns one and uses it on his commute; he constants reminds me that his average speed is much higher than mine and i happily go along with it, safe in the knowledge his beer gut is getting bigger and mine smaller :laugh:

Don't care one way or the other really. My Dad has an eMTB, which is great, saves him getting a cardiac arrest going uphill at trail centres.

Plus it makes me feel rather smug when I overtake people on e-bikes going up hill - although being overtaken by de-restricted ones sucks.

lane

Veteran
If they reduce car use and pollution then a good thing. I don't have or need one at the moment but there may come a time in future when it is the only way I can keep cycling and then it will be a great thing for me. In my cycle club we had a person with a heart condition who could only manage steep hills with an Ebike.

winjim

Smash the cistern
Absolutely yes, I think they're fantastic and could certainly be part of the solution to the problem of town centre congestion and pollution. If the infrastructure was in place, my wife would buy one; she's not going to ride a regular bike around the Sheffield hills.

Henry at my LBS also pointed out how good they are for children. A kid on an ebike could manage a 30-50 miler so busy parents who don't have time to ride by themselves could go out with the kids and still get a decent ride in.

As.with so much modern stuff we could do with battery technology coming on a bit so they're not so bulky but the chemists will sort that out sooner or later.

And if you don't like 'em, don't ride 'em.

Drago

Legendary Member
If I don't fancy pedalling I've got my motorbikes, so ebikes don't meet any of my needs...at the moment, but when I'm older I may not want to be manhandling large capacity motorcycles, and my knees might benefit from a little assistance. But right now, nah.

For society in general, I'm with Milkfloat. Most car journeys are single digit miles with a sole occupant, so there should be less cars and more ebike on the road. The cavalier manner in which car drivers guzzle resources, create pollution and endanger those around them is criminal, and is making me angrier every day. Ebikes everywhere would calm me down.

Last edited:

Alan O

Über Member
I don't need or want one now, but I think they're a great thing. Anything that helps people get out cycling (even assisted cycling) when for some reason or another (typically illness, injury or age) they'd otherwise face difficulties - well, I don't see how that can be anything but good.

Top Bottom