Votes: 61 67.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Each to the own

Votes: 20 22.0%
  • Don't care in the slightest

Votes: 9 9.9%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
They are good but not so good in the hands of a loonie.

Not too bothered if I get overtaken by one...as long as they do it safely.

Fair comment as the couple i see on a regular basis look to be ridden by lazy people who have no care for other road or path users

Levo-Lon

Guru
I said yes because my wife loves her Emtb and i love the fact she can ride a good distance at an acceptable speed.

Id love a top end mtd full sus but 4-5k is a pizz take and they still weigh a stupid amount.
Try lifting one over a gate!!!

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Used one for commuting during the hot weather, as we don't have showers at work.
I'll be back on the conventional one on Monday, but it is nice to have a bit of help on the hills.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I've only tried one briefly, it was not my size, poorly set up, so I didn't get the full experience.
Don't need one at the moment (well, maybe this is a matter of opinion :laugh:), but if/when I do I will get one: no way I'm going back to using public transport.

Mrs M

Guru
I’d love one :smile:
Mr M’s dept is closing in 2 years so we won’t both be going into the city centre every day.
An e bike would be a great alternative for me to the bus (up to an hour long journey as apposed to a 15-20 min car journey), not to mention the cost :ohmy:
No shower facilities at work either.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
So it looks the good people of CC are majorly in favour of the ebike..........

Drago

Legendary Member
Even in the hands of a loonie theynonly get e assistance up to 15.5 MPH, so I can't see the problem mixing it up with them. Even an elederly far5 like me can sustain that fairly well without too much effort. Trail centres are public places by virtue of being open to the public by payment or otherwise (The ownership of the land is irrelevant) so you should only encounter 15.5 MPH bikes there. Not had anyone turn up on one yet for one of my courses, but itll happen one day I'm sure.

dodgy

I'll have an ebike one day. What bothers me is how trivial it is to 'hack' them to remove the 15.5mph limit.

fatjel

Veteran
I have one , don't need any excuses to enjoy it.
my average speed is much the same on my ebike or a road bike

My fastest time up nearby Llanllwni mountain was set on a Carrerra Zelos when I was a youthfull 58 yr old
Maybe that old boy on his ebike would be quicker than you whatever he was riding

screenman

Legendary Member
I said yes, but I think they should have a big flag on the back, then if one is in the distance you may not be so inclined as to chase one for 15 minutes into a headwind, as I did this afternoon, good fun though.

gbb

Legendary Member
I think yes but unsure as not tried one
would like to try one for sure
Halfords are currently allowing a half hour trial, all you have to do is produce your credit card they deduct 1p and show some I'D. It's not long but a razz round a local empty car park or anywhere local puts a smile on your face whether you Intend getting one or not.

Last edited:

gbb

Legendary Member
I say a resounding YES!!! Cos I tried my neighbours then sold my soul for 18 months for a crossfire. With the hills surrounding me, I need one. I'm out tomorrow to give it a good run. Just been up and down the road here and it's fantastic!
Hybrid gone to youngest and road bike now on the turbo
I just got the Crossfire myself at the age of 60. 5 years ago and a bit it had never even entered my head about them, I was fit, averaged 16mph without too much trouble and loved my cycling, Health issues then come into play and now osteoarthritis , while its been better since I've taken dietary measures etc, tonight for instance my hips ache deeply. There's been a few times in the last year I've nearly thought of jacking it all In, there's little appetite to cycle when you just plain ache.
Last year I commuted 14 miles each way maybe twice a week during the summer but arriving hot and sweaty...this week I commuted twice on the ebike and yes, it's not a free ride but you arrive feeling so much better but have still put some effort in.
That left me fresh last night for a quick 15 miler on the road bike, quite fast for me at the heady average of 15.5 mph :laugh:...best ride I've had in ages.

It's expensive, but it just might have saved me from a life of no cycling the way things were going!,
Love the bike (Crossfire) it's smooth and feels very nice under you. Heavy, but that's forgotten as soon as you get going.

Top Bottom