Easy wheel extention bar for Brompton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Jannie and I have both had our Bromptons for a while now. We ride them almost everywhere and do not need to wheel them about on the rack wheels very often. But even when we move them for storing them it is obvious that they lean away from the crank and are unstable.

I recently decided to buy some easy wheel extention bars off Amazon and should have done it ages ago as it makes a big difference to the stability. They take 5 minutes to fit. When you fit them you fit it so the extension bar is on the opposite side to the crank.

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0842LLFRB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Tenkaykev

Guru
Jannie and I have both had our Bromptons for a while now. We ride them almost everywhere and do not need to wheel them about on the rack wheels very often. But even when we move them for storing them it is obvious that they lean away from the crank and are unstable.

I recently decided to buy some easy wheel extention bars off Amazon and should have done it ages ago as it makes a big difference to the stability. They take 5 minutes to fit. When you fit them you fit it so the extension bar is on the opposite side to the crank.

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0842LLFRB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks Steve 👍
Just ordered one following your link.
It's due to arrive in May, by which time I will have probably forgotten all about it 😁
But my birthday is in May so it will be a lovely surprise 🎂😉

roley poley

Über Member
how do you find them in use ? Do they clip your heels on pedalling as they seem a lot larger than mine but am interested in a more balanced roll

u_i

Über Member
We ride them almost everywhere and do not need to wheel them about on the rack wheels very often. But even when we move them for storing them it is obvious that they lean away from the crank and are unstable.

While the topic came up on other occasions, since you mention maneuverability of a folded bike, I added my own lateral wheels to the rack, see the photo, which greatly enhance handling of the folded bike. One very common use for these wheels is in dropping down the bike into a car trunk and taking it out which can be largely done now with one hand.

Lateral Wheels.jpg

roley poley

Über Member
nice wouldn't have thought of that or the placement of the side rack sack and I like your double chain wheel with changer I operate on a kick and pick:notworthy:

Reactions: u_i

Gunk

Guru
While the topic came up on other occasions, since you mention maneuverability of a folded bike, I added my own lateral wheels to the rack, see the photo, which greatly enhance handling of the folded bike. One very common use for these wheels is in dropping down the bike into a car trunk and taking it out which can be largely done now with one hand.

View attachment 512135

That’s a neat solution

shingwell

I have something very similar or possibly the same (also bought via amazon) for my Nano-converted eBrompton. While it will stand on the standard easy wheels when folded, the extra weight of the motor in the front wheel makes it easy to knock over. The extending easy wheels fix this nicely, and do not impact the folded size. But I do have to keep an eye on them when wheeling around on the rack because occasionally they "self retract".

Tenkaykev

Guru
mmm pissed off. Just got a PO notification that a package has arrived and I owe £12+. Must be this item

Did you collect your package?
I've just received a similar message, it's never been an issue when I've ordered similar items from Ebay, just wondered if its an Amazon thing?

jay clock

Massive member
Did you collect your package?
I've just received a similar message, it's never been an issue when I've ordered similar items from Ebay, just wondered if its an Amazon thing?
I have complained and seller has asked to see the slip. I am sure Amazon has it covered in the Ts and Cs but I will see what I can do

Top Bottom