Ebay and auction watch: let us know if you see something

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
if you take the major components off, and hang up the frames, you can then claim them to be "spare parts" rather than "bikes". Problem solved!

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Is that Clements what used to be Ernie Clements?

The GT road bike looks good value for £100 Buy it Now

I like the claud too but its too big for me (again).

It's not a Falcon / Clemants for sure mixed bag and aged parts but aren't we all

I thought the same re the GT

Ive been trying to decide what to sell never mind buy but each time l make my mind up to sell something l cant bring myself to go through with it. Whats wrong with me :wacko:

Just swap them around the storage area and that might be enough to fool her :laugh: you could always buy her that Ladies Vitus

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
I am suspicious of this 'Hobbs' frame. Here's the description:
"This is a project for Hobbs enthusiast. It is one of the last frames built (1951) as you can see from the number on the steerer. I intended to bring it back to its former glory, but time and health issues have scuttled that plan. The head badge is a copy of the original. It is not brass and enamel. However it is a good copy (see photo)."

The number on the steerer is 1973. It also has Nervex lugs and the Blue Riband didn't have those. Check this out, it shows a pic of the 1951 Blue Riband lugwork:
http://www.classiclightweights.co.uk/hobbs.html

So... dodgy date, dodgy lugs and dodgy head badge? Nope... I will NOT be bidding on it.

Edit: The top of the seat stays is wrong too.

Further down in that article is a pic of a guy racing in 1949 that was taken by Len Thorpe. He took pictures of me racing in the mid 1960s (the one in my avatar included!).

nonowt

Über Member

Nice, I like the top one - very unusual fork crown.

I've had my eye on this rather nice 25" well spec'd Paris but sadly it's way beyond my budget and probably overpriced for the current market.

my spots:

Scruffy semi-lugless 21"(?) Witcomb, £90 start, Hastings.

Big price drop on this 22" late 70's Ellis Briggs in Notts, £49 start.

Late 1930s Saxon twin tube tandem in Caterham, £75 start or offers.

Last edited:

Kempstonian

They're wanting a lot of money for a modernised bike with new bars that change things.

Mind you I'm turning my Carlton Corsa into something similar but in orange and it's not a cheap project.
I can't remember much about my friend's one, except that it was a pale lilac colour and it had the flat plate at the top of the forks and those fancy lugs. The equipment on it would have been nothing like this one, as it was back in the 1960s. Certainly it didn't have those bars! I did see a couple of other Paris bikes around that time and they were always 'different'...!

Kempstonian

Nice, I like the top one - very unusual fork crown.

I've had my eye on this rather nice 25" well spec'd Paris but sadly it's way beyond my budget and probably overpriced for the current market.

my spots:

Scruffy semi-lugless 21"(?) Witcomb, £90 start, Hastings.

Big price drop on this 22" late 70's Ellis Briggs in Notts, £49 start.
Of those two I like the Ellis Briggs best. Aren't they a bit small for you, or would the Paris have been too big? You're not Stretch Armstrong are you? :laugh:

nonowt

Über Member
Of those two I like the Ellis Briggs best. Aren't they a bit small for you, or would the Paris have been too big? You're not Stretch Armstrong are you? :laugh:
Not Stretch Armstrong: Nonowt Leglong :okay:. I could probably squeeze myself onto the Paris but, yep, the others are way too small. It's generally not very convenient being 6'6" (short clothes, door frames induced bruises) but it saves me a fortune in on-a-whim bike purchases.

Top Bottom