Ebay and auction watch: let us know if you see something

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

woodbutcher

Veteran
I might message the seller to see what he will or will not do !!
Now l see another ebay listing and he will post to france for 36 euros. must have been an off day when he made the original listing ^_^

woodbutcher

Veteran
It's not until you live there do you come to realise how big France really is!
Very true and dramatically differing climates! Thats me in the midi pyrenees (somewhere):wacko:
Spring has begun in earnest ....chilly at night and 20-22c in the day.

map-france-regions.gif

Very true and dramatically differing climates! Thats me in the midi pyrenees (somewhere):wacko:
Spring has begun in earnest ....chilly at night and 20-22c in the day.

View attachment 459463

We used to live in the Dordogne close to the town of Montignac (Lascaux Cave fame) wherewe built and ran our exclusive caravan site and boy oh boy talk about micro climates, our house and the caravan site had a significantly different atmosphere to the far end of our land on the opposite side of the valley!

As for the size of France, if you told someone living in the UK to go to a hospital that was located 130 miles away they would think you were bonkers, but to the French this distance is almost like suggesting you go to the local town!! The clinic where I had several of my bone opps done at was 138 miles away and I used to go there by taxi all paid for by the state !!

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Why is it so inexpensive Mr B. :excl:

I can only presume seller doesn't know what they are worth ie about £75 upwards

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer

Nicely made, but too much dosh for a frameset considering it's cosmetically scruffy and there are no tubing stickers evident on it. I doubt if it's gas pipe mind you, but I wouldn't be taking any chances at that price.
I saw a far nicer complete early 50's Cliff Pratt 3-speed clubman's machine not long ago listed in London for £130 and that didn't sell. I'd never heard of them until a bloke I see in my local mentioned they were good bikes - whilst querying the provenance of my Raleigh pub bike. He comes from Hull, so his local frame builder as a youngster.

nonowt

Über Member
3 Ken Birds: A very tidy late 70's machine and another faster looking one with shot-in seat stays - both 54cm, heavily Campag'd and in Hampshire. The 3rd also about 54cm has a BIN of £150ono and looks a bit Holdsworth-ish to me, West Wickham.

1959? RO Harrison in near Dover. £85 start.

another bit of South London steel. This time a Witcomb - £60 start, Leigh-on-Sea

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
another bit of South London steel.

Was there something in the water I wonder? There seemed to be a disproportionate amount of quality frame building South of the river back in the heyday of clubman's sports bikes. Another very unlikely location, but on the North side, was in the City of London with Hobbs of Barbican, until they got bombed out in the war. Just imagine knocking out brazed & lugged 531 frames in a workshop sat right next door to some multi-billion banking institution now!.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
3 Ken Birds: A very tidy late 70's machine and another faster looking one with shot-in seat stays - both 54cm, heavily Campag'd and in Hampshire. The 3rd also about 54cm has a BIN of £150ono and looks a bit Holdsworth-ish to me, West Wickham.

1959? RO Harrison in near Dover. £85 start.

another bit of South London steel. This time a Witcomb - £60 start, Leigh-on-Sea

Well i like the first 2 Birds and the Witcomb just glad they are all too far away

Top Bottom