ebay is weird

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
S

stephenjubb

Über Member
dawes super galaxy 2008 600 pound not sold, no bids, yet people were happily over the last 2 weeks bidding 270 for a galaxy 20 years old and 370 for a 92 galaxy.

this seemed a good deal

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290389713144&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:GB:1123

anybody think has to why it has not been sold?

is it because you can buy one new at 1014?

at

http://www.freeflowbikes.com/dawes-super-galaxy-4641-p.asp

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Sorry, I've no idea on actual prices but it could well be that the starting bid is too high.
Had the price started at a pound, it would have had lots of bids and the more bids an item has, the more it attracts for some reason.

You see it all the time, identical items, one with 99p start price and the other with a high one, and the one that started at 99p will sell for more than the higher priced one does.

I think its that peoplesee the number of bids on an item and assume that it must be better.
Works for me, anyway :thumbsup:

Oh, and of course the weather could've played a big part in a bicycle sale.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Sorry, I've no idea on actual prices but it could well be that the starting bid is too high.
Had the price started at a pound, it would have had lots of bids and the more bids an item has, the more it attracts for some reason.

You see it all the time, identical items, one with 99p start price and the other with a high one, and the one that started at 99p will sell for more than the higher priced one does.

I think its that peoplesee the number of bids on an item and assume that it must be better.
Works for me, anyway :laugh:

Oh, and of course the weather could've played a big part in a bicycle sale.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
The starting price is too high people like to vid things up, and often get carried away which is why stuff sells for such high prices.

Also Spa Cycles are selling the Super Galaxy brand new for £999.00

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
The starting price is too high people like to vid things up, and often get carried away which is why stuff sells for such high prices.

Also Spa Cycles are selling the Super Galaxy brand new for £999.00

dynamick

I've been looking at it and considered having a bid on it myself....but I reckon it's probably too high for an opening bid.....and also I'm a bit wary of buying second hand (although still relatively new)....in case it's not the right size (I'm 5ft 8 - 30 inside leg)....having never ridden a drop handlebar bike before, I'd prefer to spend a bit more on a new one from a shop and know it's right for me.

If I was confident about the sizing - I might just contact the seller afterwards and make an offer (as it does state somewhere in the ad £600 ono)

dynamick

I've been looking at it and considered having a bid on it myself....but I reckon it's probably too high for an opening bid.....and also I'm a bit wary of buying second hand (although still relatively new)....in case it's not the right size (I'm 5ft 8 - 30 inside leg)....having never ridden a drop handlebar bike before, I'd prefer to spend a bit more on a new one from a shop and know it's right for me.

If I was confident about the sizing - I might just contact the seller afterwards and make an offer (as it does state somewhere in the ad £600 ono)

Muddyfox

Guru
dynamick said:
I might just contact the seller afterwards and make an offer (as it does state somewhere in the ad £600 ono)

See if you can get some money knocked off cos the back light is facing the wrong way :biggrin:

Simon

Muddyfox

Guru
dynamick said:
I might just contact the seller afterwards and make an offer (as it does state somewhere in the ad £600 ono)

See if you can get some money knocked off cos the back light is facing the wrong way :thumbsup:

Simon

wyno70

It didn't sell because it's a horiible colour and the back light is facing the wrong way. Also there is snow on the tyres too!

wyno70

It didn't sell because it's a horiible colour and the back light is facing the wrong way. Also there is snow on the tyres too!

Top Bottom