eBike conversion for an Alfine bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 23692

Does the tensioner see any action?
That photo was taken when I was messing about with different chain length and tensioner combinations. In the end that particular tensioner saw now long term action and currently resides in the ever growing box of [useless] bits. It's been replaced by a Shinamo CT510 and a slightly longer chain.

Does it make sense to misalign it by almost a mm to be reinforce the hypotenuse?
"Reinforce the hypotenuse"

Care to elaborate?

gaijintendo

Veteran
"Reinforce the hypotenuse"

Care to elaborate?
I was just thinking out loud, feel free to ignore me.
There is an angle due to the 2.5mm offset. If they are adjustable in and out then you can keep online with the slope, rather than increasing the angle by moving it down the chainstay.

* <- pedal
**** <-tensioner offset slightly
***** <- cog

* <- pedal
***** <-tensioner not offset
***** <- cog

Does that make sense? I haven't really had a chance to inspect these things.

Last edited:

AndreaFx

Dear All, I'm a new user (Andrea from Italy).....I need a support from Ffoeg regarding Cube Hyde Race (2014 version)
I'd like to convert it in electric with TSDZ2 motor but this bike have a strange bottom bracket. How did you solve the problem?

D

Deleted member 23692

Dear All, I'm a new user (Andrea from Italy).....I need a support from Ffoeg regarding Cube Hyde Race (2014 version)
I'd like to convert it in electric with TSDZ2 motor but this bike have a strange bottom bracket. How did you solve the problem?
Unfortunately a TSDZ2 won't work with your frame. The eccentric bottom bracket and clamping lugs on the CUBE frame is just too bulky to fit a TSDZ2.

As I've said above, I had to use a different frame with a 'normal' bottom bracket and swap all the bits form the CUBE to the new frame. You'll need to figure out the chain tensioner and the cable routing depending on the frame you choose.

It's worth doing though as the alfine and DZ2 are a perfect match

keithmac

Guru
This is a TSDZ2 mounted to my Carrera MTB, not a lotof room!.

20160813_085058.jpg

D

Deleted member 23692

I had to get a gear cable and a brake hose through that gap too. It's doable but very tight.

AndreaFx

Thank you Ffoeg for support.....fortunately I haven't bought Cube Hyde yet ^_^
I'm looking for an used bike with alfine transmission to electrify......My idea was a "Balloonbike", a city MTB with rigid fork and big wheels.
it's not easy......and I do not have the skills to build it

Top Bottom