eBikes...mmm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
[QUOTE="KnittyNorah, post: 6502991,
Or should all e-bike riders carry placards explaining their use of it, so that you can nod approvingly from your position of virtue?
I'm certain that's not what you intend, but it is rather how you are coming across ...
[/QUOTE]
I’m so sorry I come across that way! That wasn’t my intention at all.

Peugeotrider

Has anyone invented the electric unicycle yet?
Possible gap in the market there 🤣

All uphill

Still rolling along
Have you ever thought someone who appears to be a fit strong rider might have an 'invisible' issue which is making their cycling less pleasurable - and which they don't particularly want to talk about to anyone other than their medics? A knee twinge and the medical advice is to reduce your cycling? A breathing issue and the advice is to reduce the exertion until you are not short of breath or stabilised on the prescribed treatment? Or any one of a plethora of issues which can strike us whatever our age or apparent degree of fitness? And which may be intermittent, too, so some days they're fine on the normal bike - other days, not so much.

Heaven forbid, given the past18 months on this planet, maybe they have long covid (diagnosed or not) and however fit and healthy they look, they really really need that help?

Nowadays they don't need to explain their medical conditions or make false claims that they've 'gone off' cycling and prefer cross-stitch or cactus growing - they can just get electric-assist and owe no-one any explanation at all!
You have said it so well!

If you saw my son in his twenties riding his ebike you would never guess he has had a terrible time with long covid, and that the bike is brilliant for his mental recovery.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
@Cathryn I’m so sorry I come across that way! That wasn’t my intention at all.
[/QUOTE]
so why did you complain about ebike riders then??

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
@Cathryn I’m so sorry I come across that way! That wasn’t my intention at all.
so why did you complain about ebike riders then??
[/QUOTE]
I didn’t complain, quite the opposite! I said I saw they had benefits but I thought they limited health benefits for otherwise healthy cyclists.
I hoped it would be an interesting debate about their benefits and I’m grateful for the contributions of many about how eBikes have helped them.

jowwy

I didn’t complain, quite the opposite! I said I saw they had benefits but I thought they limited health benefits for otherwise healthy cyclists.
I hoped it would be an interesting debate about their benefits and I’m grateful for the contributions of many about how eBikes have helped them.

this is your first post - a complaint about cycling going electric and then another complaint about perfectly fit riders using them

"I'm not thrilled about how the cycling world is going all electric. I see perfectly fit, strong riders buying ebikes and I wonder why?"

to me that screams anti-ebike

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
this is your first post - a complaint about cycling going electric and then another complaint about perfectly fit riders using them

"I'm not thrilled about how the cycling world is going all electric. I see perfectly fit, strong riders buying ebikes and I wonder why?"

to me that screams anti-ebike
I don’t see that as a complaint and I’m hardly screaming! I’m sharing my perspective and asking for other perspectives. Which is the point of discussion isn’t it?

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
Despite what I read as a carefully worded first post, this all went downhill too quickly, didn't it? :sad:

jowwy

Despite what I read as a carefully worded first post, this all went downhill too quickly, didn't it? :sad:
probably cause the post to some was anti-ebike.....if you have to use capitals to get your point accross, as the OP did then im afraid your already onto a loser

jowwy

I don’t see that as a complaint and I’m hardly screaming! I’m sharing my perspective and asking for other perspectives. Which is the point of discussion isn’t it?
if i was to make a post stating " im not happy with xxx companies service" am i not complaining???

so to me your line of " i'm not thrilled with cycling going XX" is a complaint about the cycling industry is it not??

Top Bottom