Eclipse

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
WARNING!!

Do not look at the sun during the eclipse.

It's full of tits and right-wing rantings

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
[QUOTE 3599513, member: 9609"]what is going on in this image ? the sun itself is overexposed and can't be seen, but high up there seems to be an upsidedown or mirror image of the eclipse.[/QUOTE]

Dont ask me. I just pointed and fired. What you see is what you get.:laugh:

Stephenite

Membå
Its been overcast and drizzly for the past couple of days. And just before the moment of maximum phase the clouds thinned and we had blue skies! The opposite to what i experienced in 1999 in Munich during a total eclipse. The pictures from Svalbard were fantastic. The best i could get here with a Canon 550D and four pairs of sunglasses:

2cnw4sh.jpg

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Dissapointed after everyone bigged it up in the media.
Was expecting it to go as dark as it did the last time, in 1999, but it was nowhere near as big an eclipse.:angry:

That's what the rest of us up north experienced in 1999 when the BBC were practically in love with themselves over it all and all you southern softies got the best view, so you are clearly spoiled now and think it gets dark all the time!! :evil::laugh:

It got a bit dull, just like a really overcast day, that's all.

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
It was actually pretty hard to take a picture of it. In the end pure guesswork got me about two shots out of 30, the resting being white splodges.

16664444967_6ca523f63f_c.jpg

I got loads of pictures, I just stopped it down to f.22 and metered it for the sun, taking advantage of the slight cloud cover, so I got some fantasticly fast exposure times!! :giggle:

By the way, we got the blue surrounding the sun too!!

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I'll download the pics later, I think I do have some nice ones.

It had been overcast all morning, and during the start of the Eclipse, but then, joy of joys, the blue sky and whispy clouds that had gradually been coming our way came just at the right moment, so we got a really clear view of it in the end.

Ironically it then got all dull and overcast again at the end, so we missed the beginning and end of it, a nice set of bookmarks as it were, but, we did get the main part!!

I got loads of pictures, I just stopped it down to f.22 and metered it for the sun, taking advantage of the slight cloud cover, so I got some fantasticly fast exposure times!! :giggle:

By the way, we got the blue surrounding the sun too!!
Yeah the blue is common. There's a few popping up on Flickr now, all with that blue halo. Couldn't really see it with the naked eye but much clearer on the camera.

16249508624_75619364b9_c.jpg

Top Bottom