Electric bike decision made - with a heavy heart.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Linford

slightly old video and the bike would be illegal to use in the uk and well out of the price range of everyone here. But it might be the technology of the future top speed of 50 miles an hour.

Or they could just put a real engine in it and call it a motorbike :biggrin:

On a serious note, anything over 15mph or without pedal assistance needs to be taxed MOT'd and insured as a motorcycle.

markharry66

Über Member
"Or they could just put a real engine in it and call it a motorbike :biggrin:

On a serious note, anything over 15mph or without pedal assistance needs to be taxed MOT'd and insured as a motorcycle."

True but wheres the fun in that a few of the off roads bikes currently do anything up to about 25 if you know where to look

Having spent nearly four years, coming from months of pain to being able to tackle 20 miles without any, I will never accept anything that puts someone on two wheels as being a cheat. You are out there and flying, there is nothing else like it, and anything that gets you back out there is worth it.
The future starts with one turn of a pedal, whatever it's attached to :thumbsup:

Psycolist

NINJA BYKALIST
Anything that gets you out of the house and on the road on two wheels has got to be a move in the right direction. As a person who has been where you are at the moment, I commend you in not having 'given up' thats the easy route, sit back and let the world wash over you, thats the action of a defeated man. You are trying top get back to normal, and bloody well done for doing it on two wheels.:bicycle: Ride on bro !

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
On any day I can see up to 3 or 4 electric bikes on my commute. They are definitely becoming more common. Perhaps I should ask them but they are usually passing me.

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
A guy in my group has got one. He rides at the same pace as everyone else on the flat and then rips us to shreds on the hills. :cry:
Me and the OH went out for a bike potter yesterday, he's gobsmacked by it. I zoomed off and had to wait for him at the top of the hills. I need to learn how to reign myself in a bit!

Me and the OH went out for a bike potter yesterday, he's gobsmacked by it. I zoomed off and had to wait for him at the top of the hills. I need to learn how to reign myself in a bit!

I have that problem with the wife pn the trike

I have told her I am fitting a parking brake to the rear wheel in order to help her get on and off

In reality it is a drag brake!

I can trust you all to keep the secret?

Top Bottom